Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mother of God! Have you seen the prices on Carvana?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVer Hopeful

Jul 7, 2021
Texas
USED Long range going for over $62,000 o_O Performance at $72,990

And every single one says "Purchase in Progress"

They even call a MYLR with 5350 miles a "Great Deal" at $64,590

Maybe I should have bought two of them and unloaded one with zero miles at seventy grand

This is nuts!!!!!!!!!

• Informative
Reactions: rjpjnk and Falcon73
If folks are trading an used car for $10K over - then buying a Tesla that is $10K over... it evens out.

I'd hate to be in the situation where I NEED a car ASAP... you will get butt-tickled or buy whatever is available (crap on lots).
Yes, it's true. Instant offer and trade-in prices are high, and that affects the listing prices as well. The market is hot hot right now! 🤪🔥

I just checked my 2021 LR for giggles on Carvana and it was $48K and change compare to paying $54K back in March. The car is perfect and only has 6,000 miles. Where are these prices so insane?? If I were offered more than I paid I might have to think about it, but not seeing that from Carvana?

I just checked my 2021 LR for giggles on Carvana and it was $48K and change compare to paying $54K back in March. The car is perfect and only has 6,000 miles. Where are these prices so insane?? If I were offered more than I paid I might have to think about it, but not seeing that from Carvana?
Supply and demand.

There are people who need a vehicle and a lack of new inventory.

When this all comes to and end and crashes hard - which is an "if" it is a "when" - owners will cry about how upside-down they are with their car loans, and car dealers will cry about how they can't make any money selling used cars on their lots because they paid too much for them.

Next thing you know, there will be "post-pandemic" federal car loan and used cars bailout program, which will only make things worse.

This is going to get ugly. I'll have my bowl of popcorn ready. Like watching the housing catastrophe in the 2000's all over again.

Supply and demand.

There are people who need a vehicle and a lack of new inventory.
Maybe I wasn’t clear. I was wondering why my Carvana offer wasn’t higher. I’ve read of offers of $55K and higher for my model and year and I was only offered $48K. Just curious if the offers are very specific to areas. I would think on the west coast mine would be one of the higher ones?

Maybe I wasn’t clear. I was wondering why my Carvana offer wasn’t higher. I’ve read of offers of $55K and higher for my model and year and I was only offered $48K. Just curious if the offers are very specific to areas. I would think on the west coast mine would be one of the higher ones?
Does it matter? Get multiple quotes. Carmax offered me a lot more than Carvana for my 21 SR+...

Reactions: voxel
Yeah that offer is low. Any accidents or issues with the car?

This is an offer I got from Vroom(?) a few weeks ago on a whim (and then I traded the MY on a whim for more than this) for a 2000 mile white MYLR with 20" (everything else stock). I recall getting others in the same range and saw MMR auction numbers in the mid-60s.

1638162614212.png

Sold my 2020 MY white with gemini (need new tires) and 30k miles to this dealer for $62k last weekend. i ordered a MYP two weeks prior before selling the Car. Heard the used market is hot so I jump the gun. Offer was too good to reject.

i used car buyer USA to close the deal. They offer me 62k on paper.

but FYI. My offer from car buyer USA went down this week. Was just checking for fun.

Attachments

• 58AF7527-4CD4-4543-818F-605E9AC67022.jpeg
    58AF7527-4CD4-4543-818F-605E9AC67022.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: 907XCP
Yeah that offer is low. Any accidents or issues with the car?

This is an offer I got from Vroom(?) a few weeks ago on a whim (and then I traded the MY on a whim for more than this) for a 2000 mile white MYLR with 20" (everything else stock). I recall getting others in the same range and saw MMR auction numbers in the mid-60s.

View attachment 738505
Nope, no issues at all, the car is perfect. Thats why I was just curious given the insane prices being offered by other online companies. Getting back your entire investments, taxes, fees, etc is unheard of, but I guess its actually happening. I did sell a 20 year old Toyota Tundra for $17K, so I know its a little nuts!