Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motor Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4 day old car....I am experiencing a rather loud noise from the motors when starting off with a gentle acceleration.....In addition, when I have brake regeneration, the high pitch whine is very loud.....

when compared to my Model 3, which is so quite you can’t hear anything, the whine is very noticeable and passengers are asking me what is that.....

I also noticed today when I went to the post office, the energy monitor on the dash board showed orange dotted line at the -50 mark....I had zero brake regeneration at all, nothing.....

anyone experience any of these things I have observed?

thanks in advance

i'm also in california and it was cold as ballz. i also had zero brake regen in the morning. eventually returned with some driving.

i'm not sure about your loud noise though. take a video maybe
took it in so they could align the hood and I had “0” regeneration when I left....put on heat and drove 5.2 miles to service center with heat on....still had no regeneration....and you are right, it was f***ing cold in Irvine last night starting at 1545......and very windy too......

took it in so they could align the hood and I had “0” regeneration when I left....put on heat and drove 5.2 miles to service center with heat on....still had no regeneration....and you are right, it was f***ing cold in Irvine last night starting at 1545......and very windy too......

it was definitely longer than 5 miles for me. I was on the highway for a good 15 minutes before i regained regen.

and yeah whats going on. i pay "california tax" to never have to deal with this weather *shakes fist*

• Funny
Reactions: r1200gs4ok