Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mounting/Balancing new tires on aftermarket wheels - near Frederick MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a shop in or near Frederick MD that'll mount/balance new tires on aftermarket wheels only. Tried scheduling with Tesla service and they won't do it.🙄

There's an independent BMW shop down the road that I might take them to.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a shop in or near Frederick MD that'll mount/balance new tires on aftermarket wheels only. Tried scheduling with Tesla service and they won't do it.🙄

There's an independent BMW shop down the road that I might take them to.

Thanks in advance.
Check with TireRack.com They sell both and have a large list of installers and mobile in some locations.

Upvote 0

Literarily ANY tire shop will do it.
Option 1: Just type "tire shop" in google, and pick a store with best ratings.
Option 2: Go to the web site of local performance car clubs (BMW, Porsche, SCCA, etc), and search their message boards (or ask directly).
Option 3: https://www.tirerack.com/content/tirerack/desktop/en/deliver_installation/ship-installer.html

The LAST place I would go for wheel/tire/alignment service would be an OEM dealership. Tesla or BMW - neither one is good at the above tasks (because they don't do them very often), and all will massively overcharge you.

HTH,
a

Upvote 0
Hey, fellow Frederick, MD-lander here.

I had a good experience with Trending Motorsports. They've got Tesla experience, you can see airlift and coilovers that they've put on Tesla's on their feed. Going there felt very different than what it's been like at other shops in the area, much more Tesla aware/experienced. The prices were very reasonable and work was great.

I'd curbed a rim hard enough that I didn't think it'd be repairable, knocked out alignment and shredded a tire. The repair was good enough that I can't tell where the damage was, and alignment is right on point.

Upvote 0