Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MR Delivery then going on Vacation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After years of waiting I'm finally getting my Model 3! I got my plug set up over the weekend (damn that 6/3 Romex was a B to run through 10ish floor joists) so I'm ready to take delivery on Wednesday. Unfortunately I'm heading out of town for a week a couple days later and am wondering if it will be okay to leave my new car unplugged during that time. Luckily I'll have a few days to drive it before hand and plan to charge it up prior to departure but then will leave it in the garage til we get back.

I'm assuming this won't hurt the battery? I wonder what charge I'll be at when I get home.

After years of waiting I'm finally getting my Model 3! I got my plug set up over the weekend (damn that 6/3 Romex was a B to run through 10ish floor joists) so I'm ready to take delivery on Wednesday. Unfortunately I'm heading out of town for a week a couple days later and am wondering if it will be okay to leave my new car unplugged during that time. Luckily I'll have a few days to drive it before hand and plan to charge it up prior to departure but then will leave it in the garage til we get back.

I'm assuming this won't hurt the battery? I wonder what charge I'll be at when I get home.

As an estimate, my car loses an average of 3 miles per day.

If you’re leaving it in the garage, why even think of leaving it unplugged? ALWAYS plug it in when you can.

This card used to be inside the Model S at delivery. I don’t know why Tesla stopped doing it, as it would save a lot of questions from people (I’m not naming names) who don’t RTFM.

A connected Model S is a happy Model S

For long term storage set it to 50% plugged in. For a week it doesn’t matter as long as it’s not at 100%.

Reactions: Rocky_H and DR61