TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

A connected Model S is a happy Model S

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by montgom626, Aug 7, 2013.

1. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

Always keep your MS plugged in.

official.JPG

2. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

If I'm remembering correctly, the rest of that pamphlet includes a picture of the red HPWC. /sadface

3. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

Yes, it does. My new NEMA 14-50 feels like a HPWC, since I came from 120V at 12 amps!

4. Crispix

Crispix Member

If my MS is plugged in but not scheduled to charge until late at night, does the car still draw some power from the wall for systems maintenance?

5. caddieo

caddieo Member

That's what it says in the release notes of the latest software update (1.33.61) from last week.

6. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

My MS on .61 will draw power after it has done it's charging for the night. I have completed the charge at 9 pm, only to find my MS using shore power at 9 am. I have found the charge port to be green at 9 am. The ambient temperature is 75 degrees. I don't know why.

7. Larry Hutchinson

Don't tell anyone, but I plug in about once a week. I don't see anything magical about 24 hours.

I drive just 5 miles a day.

8. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

I suspect that TMC wants all owners to make a habit of plugging in their MS as a routine to avoid anyone forgetting to plug with the chance of bricking the main battery.