Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS 2017 - Autopilot behaves recklessly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I'm somewhat new to the Tesla world, so I may be asking a little naive. MS 2017 with AP, MCU2, side cameras. Is the following behavior normal?
I am driving on ACC and the camera sees a slow moving car in front of me turning right, assesses it as an obstacle and brakes hard. The guy behind me is suddenly wearing brown shorts and I thank Elon for this useless show.
On a lightly populated/traveled street (more like a one-way to be honest), a car parked on the side of the road makes Tesla to panic, paints red across the display, and yells at us to run, burn the car, know the story...
I may not fully appreciate it, but my not-so-smart 2006 Bmw 335iA with ACC (yeah, cant even perform the stop&go trick, only keeps the distance between 30-170 km/h) doesn't do this, it can smoothly regulate speed, brake like a human (not like a retard with a "nothing, 20%, almost full brakes" resolution).
The 2017 Mercedes C-Class (stop&go ACC plus preSafe braking) was still an order of magnitude different in smoothness, minimum false alarms and braking (typically confused by a narrow tunnel entrance with a concave wall or an intersection with many tram tracks - that only happened once, by the way).
Is this the technical/electro/sw edge?
Or do I need some radar/camera alligment/recalibration/Tesla voo-doo stuff etc?
Thx...

Thx guys, I managed to scroll down to that particular tricky menu and choosed "chill down options" and it seems just right :)
FSD is not what it says here?

Attachments

• chyby.jpg
    chyby.jpg
    582.8 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0