Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MSLR - Tesla Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct. I pretty much use AP 100% on all the interstate and state highway or above 50mph, as soon as I am merged, tried to engage it on ramp but learned it's not safe, I almost got killed one time on I35E by a 80mph 18 wheelers when it tried to merge with AP. I gave up driving by myself for F2C, HB, that's no way not to get dinged. In the city, I don't use AP much but drives 3-5 miles below limit to avoid HB or having to run the red lights, it does draw some middle fingers, honk and occasionally some jerks will take over me and slam their brakes.

Just like you, even with AP, I have to constantly look behind, front and side, lower the speed proactively rather than wait till last moment for AP slamming on the brake, I even avoid going out at the end of the 30days cycle. I am almost to the point switching back, it just no fun and to some degree more dangerous.
Oh yeah driving for the points has definitely made me more dangerous of a driver in some aspects. While other aspects it's made me mildly safer.
Instead of getting close to the car in front of me to change lanes (where I can easily see my distance). I now leave 2-4 car lengths and probably cut people off instead :)

I can drive essentially the same as I always do, and keep ~90. The only thing that really dings me hard is the FCW that come out of nowhere. IE cars parked on side of road, people 4+ car lengths ahead of me tapping breaks, people cutting me off by switching across 3 lanes RIGHT in front of me (*cough* last night ahole *cough*) just random stuff that should never set off FCW, or at least count against me.

Reactions: cbdream99