Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX 2022 Refresh Falcon door misalignment issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Club,

I’ll be taking delivery of MX Refresh in a few hours. Noticing the MX from outside, I saw that Falcon door is misaligned. I told the delivery advisor to fix it before the delivery. He said either I can decline delivery to wait for next VIN or I can fix it through service center after delivery.

What you suggest please?

Attachments

• 114C4702-F165-4F0D-B284-2981EA207630.jpeg
    114C4702-F165-4F0D-B284-2981EA207630.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 265
  • D9B08382-826E-4FD0-A36D-205ACD102E62.jpeg
    D9B08382-826E-4FD0-A36D-205ACD102E62.jpeg
    518.6 KB · Views: 163
Hello Club,

I’ll be taking delivery of MX Refresh in a few hours. Noticing the MX from outside, I saw that Falcon door is misaligned. I told the delivery advisor to fix it before the delivery. He said either I can decline delivery to wait for next VIN or I can fix it through service center after delivery.

What you suggest please?
Good idea to ask them to fix it before your scheduled delivery. Sounds like they dont have enough capacity in the shop before delivery.

If it was me, I would just have Tesla adjust this after delivery.

Upvote 0
Hello Club,

What you suggest please?
It depends on whether the problem is with the front door or with the FWD. Also, you need to know if doors all operate properly (or not).

Upvote 0
Same issue and other similar issues, I got common answer of "It's within spec of 1mm to 1.5mm". And when I showed them it's more than 1.5mm, I got answer of need to charge $90 to inspect, and it might not be fixable and/or screw up other parts.

Good luck and let us know your luck.

Upvote 0