Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX stuck in minor repair hell - how can I escalate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got shunted a while back, some minor dents needed sorting.

Found tesla approved garage.
They inspected car, ordered the parts and we waited until parts are in before giving over the car to them. I've read the forums!

1-2 weeks they said.
No comms, so I called them, they said "yes we opened it up and there are more parts that we needed".
They have no idea when the parts will come in. Can't get the car back because they have said they destroyed some parts opening it up... for a dent!
Twice since then they have promised to call me to update, twice they've not bothered.

I get that the tesla spares problem is a tesla problem, not the garage fault. But:
they were not professional in the original estimate for needing spare parts
they never updated me about that issue
twice since then, I've called for an update, they said they'd reach out to tesla and get an estimate, but they've never gotten back to me. Its been 6 weeks.

Summer is coming, lots of carrying people and bikes required - and the insurance car is waay too small. This is getting critical! Garage holds all the cards, along with my car.

So, gentle community, what can I do? Call tesla direct? Publicly out the garage?

I feel your pain, but it is very common with Tesla evidently. u did the right thing holding on to your car until they had the parts, but the additional parts 'needs' is something Tesla should address.

If they receive an order for parts x,y & z, Tesla should know that you will probably need parts 1,2 & 3 as well.

Regarding your loan car, get onto your insurance and demand a another X as the 3rd party who shunted you will cover the cost, not your insurance. If your insurance refuse, there are companies like Novo who will take this up on your behalf.