Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 2016 Tesla Model S 75D story - purchased June 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I started a car review channel on Youtube and I was wondering if anyone can watch my Model S review and give me some feedback on how to improve, what sucked, what didn't suck etc. Yes, I know there are tons of car reviewers on Youtube and you're probably yawning, and saying to yourself - "not another useless car review!" Yes I get it totally. I've been a car enthusiast all my life and it was a dream come true to own a Model S. I decided to finally share my enthusiasm with the world as I absolutely love any cool and interesting car.

When you can spare some time, please watch the video and let me know what you think. Thanks!

Model X slipstreams in staggered fitment (for the summer).

I bought these used from a member on here and got them re-finished - powder coated gloss gunmetal.

Specs of tires and wheels
  • Model X 20 inch wheels
  • Bolt pattern: 5x120
  • Center Bore: 64.1mm
  • Front wheels: 20 x 9.0 +35 mm offset.
  • Rear wheels: 20 x 9.5 +35mm offset.

Tires - Falken Azenis FK510
  • Front: 255/35/20
  • Rear: 285/30/20

Quick thoughts -
  • There's no rubbing at all - I keep the car in the "Low" suspension setting
  • I feel the car "looks' higher simply because the wheel/tire combo now comes out to the outer edge of the fenders and the gap between the top of the tire and the fender is more noticeable compared to the OEM 19's that was inset and was not that noticeable.
  • I don't plan on lowering the car using the popular Blox lowering links simply because that means I would need to remove the links come winter or if the car has to go in for warranty work. The car is still under warranty. Not worth the trouble in my opinion.
  • There is a tad more noise with these tires - I think it's simply because they are brand new and that will get less after a bit of use
  • I have noticed any degradation in range - haven't driven it enough yet.

Some before and after shots compared to the OEM 19 inch slipstreams with 245/45/19 on all four wheels.
NewWheels13a.jpg
NewWheels8a.jpg

NewWheels4a.jpg

New setup
NewWheels22a.jpg
NewWheels21a.jpg
NewWheels19a.jpg
NewWheels12a.jpg
NewWheels11a.jpg
NewWheels10a.jpg

The "infamous" Model S door handle issues finally hit my car. First door handle that needed to be replaced. It didn't actually stop my case, but had started making a faint creaking sound while retracting. The car is 5 years old now with 65k km/40.6k miles, 2nd owner.

A Mobile Ranger came out to my house and replaced the handle. Car is still under warranty, so my cost was nothing.

PXL_20210603_172948768.jpg
PXL_20210603_173103000.jpg

nice !! Where are those Sakura trees ? I'm coming up on 7 years ownership of my car and yep ... still a grin everytime I hop in. Just got back from a Seattle road trip; she's slowed down at the supercharger stations but still not enough to convince me to not road trip. I did see it shoot up to 140 kW for a minute or so; haven't seen that in years.

Reactions: SilverGS
Nice! What are your Blox links set at? What are your impressions?
I don't recommend the Blox lowering links as mine got corroded and seized and threw suspension errors - "air suspension height adjustment not available".

I had to get them removed as the OEM piece that connects to the Blox lowering link literally snapped off in the link itself due to corrosion.

I've now installed the Unplugged Performance lowering brackets which take a totally different design approach and won't cause the same issue as the Blox lowering links.

I had these installed in the lower position and the drop is just perfect! I now keep the car in the "Medium" height position and it's perfect IMO
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reactions: Flyguy and sholover