Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My car started to lose its mind

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
NH
First it started with setting GPS for a two hour trip. And when I put in my target location I was gonna be 15 min late. Damn.

But as I’m driving I notice the clock is off by 15 minutes ahead. And why I was 15 min late.

Was talking to a friend and he said just reboot while driving. I try not doing that but I figured what the heck.

Still the wrong time. I waited for it to connect to AT&T and still wrong. Then I go into clock settings and try to find something to kick it.

While I’m looking the clock fixed itself. Cool.

Then I notice the Map position is not updating. And I go to turn on FSD and that worked fine. I canceled out of FSD started again. And then it got a warning no FSD available. Try again nothing.

Reboot all the same things happened.

Now I’m thinking maybe I should have followed my own advice and not reboot while driving.

Pull to rest stop, rebooted. Back on the road same thing.

Then I realized the clock going backwards in time can really mess up software. So I reboot and don’t touch anything. Sure enough map started moving after 15min.

But FSD was still bonkers.

During the next reboot I recalled the car can do really funky stuff if the dash cam drive is corrupt. So I pulled it during last boot.

No issues since. Still not 100% sure it’s good because I was near the end of the drive on that last attempt at fixing it.

• Informative
Reactions: QUBO