Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Delivery Day May 29th - First 48 Hours Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered last week of March in Ontario, Canada.
LR MY MSM with tow hitch, black interior.
192 VIN assigned.

Picked-up 'Jeeves' this weekend. What a stud.

First off, if it wasn't for some awesome owners on this forum I'm not sure we would have pulled the trigger, so thanks to all of those who contribute their time and expertise in this forum. It's been such a refreshing discovery coming from the staid OEM experience.

The first 48 hours have been a blast. No regrets. Our concerns about ride, motion sickness, size, have all faded away. Need to spend some time learning voice controls but seriously, we love this car.

We discovered that Jeeves has come with front mud flaps and PPF on his rear door flare. Sadly no lumbar support on the passenger seat. We would have preferred to learn this ahead of delivery and this sort of poor communication & arrogance, IMO, continues to set Tesla back. Why not just disclose to owners in advance of delivery how their build is going to differ from what it looked like when it was ordered?

We haven't discovered any paint match issues. We discovered a very small dent over the front passenger wheel (mm not cm). We got a shrug from the delivery staff. We also discovered the glass roof panel was misaligned; to the degree that I could slide my finger between it and the fabric roof. They did take the vehicle into the back and whilst it is not perfect, they fixed it to a considerable degree.

Also, found it sort of odd that on delivery there is absolutely no upselling or cross promotional marketing that goes on. I suppose this is refreshing but when an owner says, "hey, can you recommend a PPF shop?" the response shouldn't be, "check Google." There is a certain amount of arrogance about the Tesla experience that I can't put my finger on. I remember once picking up our old BMW 2 series, there was a chamois cloth, windshield washer fluid and two BMW hats on the front seat. It's the little things and for some reason it feels like the good folks at Tesla Management don't get the entire picture. Pretty sure if you paired Tesla with a proper client relations and marketing company, the OEM's would never be able to compete.

The open roads are calling. ✌️