Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first Tesla got destroyed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

OrthoSurg

Jun 2, 2017
Montreal
I discovered the se toon old cars on my Tesla app and for fun copy pasted the VIN of my first Tesla I sold when I purchased my Model Y June 2021.

A law student and his dentist girlfriend said they wanted a Model 3 for a road trip after their graduation.

I feel sad. I slept in that car while road tripping through NYC. I went for 200 miles bike ride with that car to do the Vermont Six Gaps. So many stories. I waited in line in 2016 to reserve that car. My dream car found dead.

Attachments

• IMG_6678.png
    IMG_6678.png
    297.8 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_6679.png
    IMG_6679.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
The thing I don’t understand is that I sold the guy to a driver from Quebec, the car has a California plate on the pictures.
Any idea if it actually got registered in California? There is some demand for used (qualifying) PHEVs and EVs which have never been issued CA HOV stickers.

Near the bottom of Clean Air Vehicle Decals for Using Carpool and HOV Lanes - California DMV is the list of sticker colors and their expiration. For all intents and purposes now, if a car's been issued one, it can't get a replacement once the first one expires.

The thing I don’t understand is that I sold the guy to a driver from Quebec, the car has a California plate on the pictures.
I bought a used Toyota Corolla in Spokane WA many years ago and drove it for 15 years. When I decided to sell it, I looked up the history so I'd have all the records for the next owner. It turns out the car was first registered in Belmont CA, the same fairly small town I grew up in.