Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My LR AWD build thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me first start off by saying that Tesla has always intrigued me. Being an engineer, the efficiency of electric cars coupled with the performance benefits have had me on the fence for awhile now. It wasn’t till recently that I decided to test drive the model 3 and my world was turned upside down.

I scheduled my test drive at the end of March. I knew the sales target was rapidly approaching and a few could be had with potential discounts.
When I got to the store I was placed with an extremely knowledgeable sales associate. This put me at ease right away. A new car is a big undertaking let alone the first electric one. He informed me that we would be driving a P3D (closest thing to the LR awd). From the minute I stepped foot into the car I was sold.

My girlfriend likes to joke that the moment we got back was the fastest she’s seen me take out my credit card. I was hooked.

Fast forward through all the back and forth that happened with Tesla , I take delivery of my Black FSD LR AWD model 3 on April 15th. The picture below shows it next to my old 2018 sti. From the day I picked the car up I have never looked back.

AC824AA6-333B-46A6-8A8E-CA0E47661870.jpeg

I wanted to share a pic of the car as it sits. 18% Suntek ceramic tint and I’m about 90% of the way finished with my chrome delete.

7E1AC447-FA73-4C41-BBD9-7EA2A91AB909.jpeg

Unfortunately when removing the mirrors I cracked the plastic clips on the chrome. It still functions fine but I know it is there. I also ran out of vinyl. I’m really shocked there hasn’t been an aftermarket solution for this yet.

Based on the pic above I’m really liking the black. I told myself 3 black cars ago that I would never again own one. Well here I am again. I initially wanted white but I knew black would benefit me if/when I decided to wrap the car.

Future mods I’d like to do:
- 19” Titan wheels finished black
- Lowering springs
- Finished chrome delete
- Avery gloss grey or matte/satin white
- Carbon fiber mirror caps and spoiler
- Wood trim replacement