Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 SR+ has Heated Seats in the Back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks Malou. Just went down to the car to check. No dice with: HW2.5, May 2019 Build Date, 2019.24.4 73. I'm thinking maybe HW3 is the differentiator? Although they should throw it in for anyone who ordered FSD, so maybe it's that? Anyway, I'm in the cheap (and cold) seats, with no FSD, which is exactly what I bargained for.

• Funny
Reactions: JeffnReno
Thanks Malou. Just went down to the car to check. No dice with: HW2.5, May 2019 Build Date, 2019.24.4 73. I'm thinking maybe HW3 is the differentiator? Although they should throw it in for anyone who ordered FSD, so maybe it's that? Anyway, I'm in the cheap (and cold) seats, with no FSD, which is exactly what I bargained for.

Back seat passengers don't need to be warm, right? :D

For the price differential up here in BC, Canada (we'd lose both a provincial and federal rebate going with a premium interior), I figure I'll buy my teen a blanket if she complains!

snuggie.jpg

Interesting. I''ve never seen this seat layout on my screen.
I'm still on V24.4. Waiting for V28.2
Not sure if I'm on HW3 or not. H264 but some are saying HW3 can still use H264 codec.

From what I've been reading in other posts, Smithere4 has got it right re: HW3 vs. 2.5:

FYI July 2019 Build SR+ = HW2.5

Pre-28.2, HW3 used H.265 encoding. With 28.2 encoding is now h.264.

I'm in the same boat as you Wyman. 24.4 waiting for a jump (which, I think, means we're on 2.5). Just FYI, here's my firmware history, in case anyone wants to try and track HW versions based on firmware versions:

Software Version Date Installed

2019.24.4 73fb1ab 07/30/2019
2019.20.4.4 edb5360 07/10/2019
2019.20.4.2 66625e9 06/25/2019
2019.20.2.1 5659e07 06/19/2019
2019.16.3.2 a19d0e4 06/15/2019​

From the info in this thread, I'm betting malou--and others with hot bums--have got HW3, and that us poor slobs with 2.5 aren't seeing the squiggly lines on the HVAC page to be able to pull up the rear seats.

Edited to add: I Re-RTFM and the "seat heater icon" isn't available on mine...

Operating Seat Heaters

To control the front seat heaters for the driver and passenger, touch the corresponding control on the main climate control area at the bottom of the touchscreen. To control the rear seat heaters (or access duplicate controls for the front seat heaters), touch the fan icon, then touch the seat heater icon followed by the seat for which you want to adjust heating. Seat heaters operate at three setting levels from 3 (highest) to 1 (lowest). When operating, the associated seat icon displays twisting lines that turn red to indicate the setting level. You can touch All Off to turn off all seat heaters simultaneously.​

Last edited:
Have the heated seats, but no fog lights (no switch in the settings). Where not included when I ordered.

So thats the catch. New orders are coming with software unlocked rear heated seats and software locked fog lights !!!

My SR+ which got delivered in May have software locked heated seats and my fog lights are working !!!

So thats the catch. New orders are coming with software unlocked rear heated seats and software locked fog lights !!!

My SR+ which got delivered in May have software locked heated seats and my fog lights are working !!!

Ha ha. You may be onto something. When we bought ours, fog lights were included in the SR+, but it sounds like that's no longer the case. I've never used mine, as they don't seem bright enough to do anything, but checked and mine work as well (but no heated rears). I wonder where the code is stored for all the different configurations. I guess firmware based on VINs?

Last edited: