Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 SR+ has Heated Seats in the Back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SR+ - Delivery on July 17th, ordered on June 6th.

Rear heated seats are active
Fog lights are active

This is going to be a mess for Tesla to sort out, if they ever end up sorting it out. I imagine eventually they'll sell some sort of software feature unlock package, but everyone's got different bits of software locked or unlocked, and it's just going to make people angry if they remove any of it.

For a data point, I'm a late March SR+, and seem to be in the rare "have only what I paid for" category. Fog lights were part of the description when I bought and I do have them, heated rear seats were not and I do not have those.

This is going to be a mess for Tesla to sort out, if they ever end up sorting it out. I imagine eventually they'll sell some sort of software feature unlock package, but everyone's got different bits of software locked or unlocked, and it's just going to make people angry if they remove any of it.

For a data point, I'm a late March SR+, and seem to be in the rare "have only what I paid for" category. Fog lights were part of the description when I bought and I do have them, heated rear seats were not and I do not have those.
Same boat as you. Ordered in early May, delivered Mid-June. Have foglights, no heated rear seats.

Same config as you too, Black on Black SR+ with 18" aero wheels, i bought the FSD package but was stuck with a HW2.5 computer.

Same boat as you. Ordered in early May, delivered Mid-June. Have foglights, no heated rear seats.

Same config as you too, Black on Black SR+ with 18" aero wheels, i bought the FSD package but was stuck with a HW2.5 computer.
Same here, Fog lights working, rear seats not. I suspect all SR+ will end up with same config and it better stay with fog lights (for safety).

My fogs work as described but no hs.

One question though, has everyone already gotten 24.x and beyond on their sw?

I am stuck with 20.4.4 and it won’t budge. And now I’m reading people whose car was delivered after mine already at 28.x?! This sucks because I have the chademo adapter ordered but it seems that I won’t be able to use it when it gets here

My fogs work as described but no hs.

One question though, has everyone already gotten 24.x and beyond on their sw?

I am stuck with 20.4.4 and it won’t budge. And now I’m reading people whose car was delivered after mine already at 28.x?! This sucks because I have the chademo adapter ordered but it seems that I won’t be able to use it when it gets here

You can use the Tesla App to schedule service > select Software Update > Type a short and detailed description about lack of updates while connected to Wifi. Mention you read online forums of corrupt SD cards that needs to be remotely formatted and have the latest FW pushed. Your local SC will do the rest remotely.

PS. Your SR+ may lose/gain some functionalities. The choice is yours to make :)

• Informative
Reactions: JeffnReno
My fogs work as described but no hs. ... I am stuck with 20.4.4 and it won’t budge.

Ditto. I think we're both HW2.5 slobs forced to cool our jets while sitting on outdated hard/software. Although...I just checked Teslafi and it looks like 28.3.1 is finally starting to roll out in earnest.

upload_2019-8-20_12-52-53.png

Fingers crossed our time is coming--and that those Johnny-come-latelys with HW3 will be freezing their Eastern assess off come November, while we're rocking our barely perceptible fog lights in the pissing rain!! ;-)

• Funny
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck