Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 SR+ has Heated Seats in the Back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They've previously announced a subscription-based Enhanced Connectivity: Frequently Asked Questions - Connectivity
I think this is the key take away from that link, “Connectivity plans for Model 3 without Premium Interior will be announced later this year.”

I truly do hope Tesla offers the upgrade, but as we’ve seen, just because they say they’re doing something doesn’t mean they’ll do it. But fingers crossed.

Has anyone gone to an audio shop and enabled the remaining speakers? How many speakers are disabled? Does the amp need to be upgraded too? would love to do that.
Disabled speakers:
Two rear deck speakers
Two mirror tweeters
Two A-Pillar tweeters
One centre channel speaker (maybe?)
No subwoofer installed

I did an upgrade myself (following a guide on the internet on another website) and I chose to do the rear deck speakers and the tweeters - I wasn’t sure about that extra speaker up front so I didn’t mess around there. And I put in a subwoofer.

It involves adding an extra Amp and a line out converter at minimum. You tap into the existing connections for the door speakers and use those to signal and power the amp and the rest of the speakers and subwoofer. You have to pull off a lot of trim pieces in the interior and make tap connections and splices at some points. The difference it makes, however is astonishing. If I had have had the opportunity to compare systems before I bought I probably would have went for a LR model instead of the SR+. Not just for the speakers, but it would have been a tipping point. I’m extremely satisfied now that I’ve done the upgrade tho - just a lot of time involved to get it here.

anyways, pretty off topic now I guess. There is a thread here that talks about it in more detail.

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Anyone do a Heated seats hack. That may be a little tough as all the wiring is done and its disabled at the screen?

All these heaters must have a fuse and tied to a relay or solid state gate. If anyone, the tear down people would have an idea how it's all put together. Just have to know where to put the pilot signal to enable the function (touch screen output).

Could also be an CAN Bus message from the touchscreen to a controller. Good luck if you want to hunt for it ;)

All these heaters must have a fuse and tied to a relay or solid state gate. If anyone, the tear down people would have an idea how it's all put together. Just have to know where to put the pilot signal to enable the function (touch screen output).

Could also be an CAN Bus message from the touchscreen to a controller. Good luck if you want to hunt for it ;)

Doing it through the screen would not be possible, it is not canbus it is code. Can’t just make the car screen show the 5 seats

Also it is not just a relay to power them as there are different hear levels. A relay would just put them on high.