Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model X will not power off when park and lock the car. Only fix is to open and close the passenger door.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2020 Model X long range +, intermittently will not turn off when i leave it. I realized it a year ago when i get a phone call when in the house, it connects to the car. then I go out to the car and even though the doors are locked, the main large screen stays on and bluetooth intercepts my calls. The ONLY way is to open and the passenger door. I've taken it into tesla no less than 4 times to tell me they fixed it. When i just happens again after I get home. They claim it's faulty seat belt (replaced), ODBC connection (replaced), child seat belt buckle (replaced), even replaced completed driver seat assembly. still no fix. Anyone else having this issue and figured out what it was? I wish i had a diagnostic tool myself to see what the fault issue because when i get it back to from Tesla shop, i get such poor feedback on what they found or what was triggering it. they just give me a generic item and problem is resolved....apparently not! I live an hour away from the closest tesla shop and after all the visits and about a dozen software updates, even if i just move the car from the driveway to the curb, the car wants to stay on until i open and close the passenger door.