Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How do you get all of the doors to open? When I unlock my model Y only driver door opens, and I have to reach over to open passenger doors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you get all of the doors to open? When I unlock my model Y only driver door opens, and I have to reach over to open passenger doors? I would like all of the doors to unlock when I hit unlock, but cannot seem to figure this out. I am a new Tesla owner, and did not get an onboarding as the showroom was rushed the day that I picked it up, so have lots of very basic questions that I am struggling with. Thanks so much for your help and talk to you soon.

I have read through the manual, but my question is how to I get all doors to unlock from my phone without going into the car, is it a matter of pressing the unlock button two times, please keep me posted. Thanks so much and talk to you soon.
Actually, the link from @Midnightsun is not just to the owners manual, but to the section in the owners manual that specifically answers the question you have asked.

Its a link to the doors section of the manual, which contains the answer to your question. I will copy and paste the relevant part from that section of the manual here:

==============================================

Driver Door Unlock Mode​

Enabling Controls > Locks > Driver Door Unlock Mode only unlocks the driver door when you first unlock Model 3. The driver door unlocks only if a key is present on the driver side of the vehicle and not the passenger side. To unlock the remaining doors, long press the button located at the top of the interior driver door handle, use the touchscreen, mobile app or press the key fob a second time.

=============================================

Somewhat confusingly, if the above driver door unlock mode is ENABLED, it means only the drivers door unlocks first. Some people want unlocking the door to only unlock the drivers door first, for perceived safety reasons. To unlock the other doors, follow the instructions in that section of the manual I copy / pasted, or, turn OFF driver door unlock mode, which means all doors will unlock at once instead of just the drivers.