Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My post-delivery shopping list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi -

I took delivery of my P3D+ in MSM over white yesterday. I've only driven about 50 miles but so far I'm in love. There are a couple items I'd like to add on to it though. I'd like your take on specific products or any other additions that might be helpful.

- Nomad wireless charger
- all-weather floor mats (typical go-to is weathertech)
- cut holder liners (rubber pieces on the bottom that are easy to remove and clean)
- aluminum dead pedal / foot rest
- matte white vinyl for center console wrap (avery or vvivid, have some experience wrapping things)
- window tint (what's the best these days?)

For your floor mats, if you end up buying the maxspider floor mats, you won't need an aluminum dead pedal since it covers that whole foot rest spot.

Kenriko sells a pre-cut matte white center console wrap and makes great products. You can buy it on amazon. (Unless you do all of the cuts yourself)

Really, people will scream on their favorite brands of tint all day but pretty much any name brand ceramic nano IR tint is decent. (3m Crystaline, Super Optik, Suntek CIR, Xpel Prime XR, Spectra Photosync, etc.. Just find which one you can get a good deal on in your area. It doesn't really matter if one gets 4% better IR blockage than the other.

I don't like to spend money on my cars. The only thing i do to them is getting the windows tinted so I can feel comfortable during my commute while the glaring sun is on me. I just feel like adding more things to it is just throwing away money. Maybe cause i'm just cheap too. lol

For your floor mats, if you end up buying the maxspider floor mats, you won't need an aluminum dead pedal since it covers that whole foot rest spot.

Kenriko sells a pre-cut matte white center console wrap and makes great products. You can buy it on amazon. (Unless you do all of the cuts yourself)

Really, people will scream on their favorite brands of tint all day but pretty much any name brand ceramic nano IR tint is decent. (3m Crystaline, Super Optik, Suntek CIR, Xpel Prime XR, Spectra Photosync, etc.. Just find which one you can get a good deal on in your area. It doesn't really matter if one gets 4% better IR blockage than the other.

I don't find the center console to be that complex to wrap without a template. Am I missing something?

I don't like to spend money on my cars. The only thing i do to them is getting the windows tinted so I can feel comfortable during my commute while the glaring sun is on me. I just feel like adding more things to it is just throwing away money. Maybe cause i'm just cheap too. lol

With the money I'm saving on gas I don't mind a couple bucks on my car. I'm also a gear head so this is really a hobby too.

Just MAXpider mats for me, once they re-appear at Costco.

And despite all the top glass, I feel pretty protected in the M3 in bright sunlight (then again, the ICE I'm coming from is a Miata convertible ;)

I'll keep an eye out.

I also add things that make the car easier to clean. I can't live without all weather floor mats, even on leases.