Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My search for a spray sealant that protects and gives tons of gloss is over...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does this compare with bead maker for gloss
If you are only interested in pumping up gloss, bead maker still produces the biggest pop of gloss. But I personally want not only an increase in gloss but also an increase in paint protection. Bead maker is amazing for gloss but horrible for durability and protection. I think of Bead Maker more like a topper to give your paint a dose of slickness and gloss.

Personally I would choose either Xtreme Solutions Topper or Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray if I wanted something to give my car a pop of gloss like Bead Maker. IMO they almost increase gloss as much as Bead Maker, but they actually do provide some decent protection. Plus I like the scent of both products more than that of Bead Maker.

It's been about a year and a half since my original post. Just wanted to give an update. I've tried a few more waxes and sealants and I'm still a huge fan of Xtreme Solutions Poly Seal and Xtreme Solutions Topper. For a while I was using Griot's Garage Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax, which is also an outstanding product. I think the GG offers a bit more longevity in protection and durability over Poly Seal. But both products are so easy to use and reapply that I don't find durability to be as much of an issue. I prefer the user experience of Poly Seal - better scent and I like the fact that you can easily see the Poly Seal when you spray it. The GG 3-in-1 is completely clear and therefore harder to see exactly where it is on the paint.

Topper is, IMO, one of the best toppers on the market. You can top just about any wax, sealant, or coating with it. It is a great drying aid. Even though Topper is supposed to offer gloss and shine but not that much protection, I find it offers more protection than expected.

My routine is to apply Poly Seal once every 2-3 months. I then use Topper as a drying aid after each weekly wash. Here are some pics I took today after a wash and application of Topper. I didn't notice until after I took the pic that you can clearly see the reflection of the palm tree in the hood:

IMG_3511.jpg
IMG_3513.jpg
ds

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: orion2001 and Adam3
It's been about a year and a half since my original post. Just wanted to give an update. I've tried a few more waxes and sealants and I'm still a huge fan of Xtreme Solutions Poly Seal and Xtreme Solutions Topper. For a while I was using Griot's Garage Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax, which is also an outstanding product. I think the GG offers a bit more longevity in protection and durability over Poly Seal. But both products are so easy to use and reapply that I don't find durability to be as much of an issue. I prefer the user experience of Poly Seal - better scent and I like the fact that you can easily see the Poly Seal when you spray it. The GG 3-in-1 is completely clear and therefore harder to see exactly where it is on the paint.

Topper is, IMO, one of the best toppers on the market. You can top just about any wax, sealant, or coating with it. It is a great drying aid. Even though Topper is supposed to offer gloss and shine but not that much protection, I find it offers more protection than expected.

My routine is to apply Poly Seal once every 2-3 months. I then use Topper as a drying aid after each weekly wash. Here are some pics I took today after a wash and application of Topper. I didn't notice until after I took the pic that you can clearly see the reflection of the palm tree in the hood:

Thanks for the update. Yeah, that’s the same combo I’ve been using as well. Super happy with the results and will probably continue to use this combo until something else truly revolutionary comes out. I think there was some belief/hope that graphene might be that product. Unfortunately, I don’t think any of the various graphene formulations out there right now are much better than this simple sealant from Xtreme Solutions. Got me a full gallon of both the Poly Seal and Topper. So, I think I’m set for another 10 years or so… 😂

Reactions: joebruin77
@joebruin77 can you link the towels you use to apply topper and poly-seal? Thanks!!

I suggest a towel like this one:

Also, the yellow Costco microfiber towels work just fine too.

@joebruin77 I'm applying Poly Seal today. Is it pointless to add Topper the following day? Would a second coat of poly seal be better? I have DIY CarPro ceramic coating applied. Thanks!

Hey, Adam3,
If your car already has a ceramic coating and it is in good condition, I don't think it is necessary or beneficial to apply two coats of Poly Seal, but I could be wrong. I suggest you call Xtreme Solutions and ask them what they recommend for a car with a ceramic coating. I know Topper is a great drying aid for a car with a ceramic coating after you wash it. And I know for a car that does not have any ceramic coating, Poly Seal followed by Topper works great on clean, bare paint. But I don't know what is best for a car with a ceramic coating. So that's why I would definitely call Xtreme Solutions and see what they recommend. Please share their answer here on this forum. Thanks.