Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Sentry - What are the headlights supposed to do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MYP, software version 2023.6.11. I usually keep Sentry mode on with Camera based detection also enabled. Hey I'd like the best chance of catching someone keying, door dinging or scratching my new car so why not.

Now I have read online that Sentry mode used to flash the headlights on detection of any event. However I have also read that more recently this was changed to a gentle pulsing effect instead.

I was in a car park the other day and am pretty sure I could see my car flashing its lights at any passer by which would suggest this 'pulsing' update isn't in effect?

I would LOVE to be able to completely disable the flashing lights on sentry as it does nothing but draw attention to the car. But curious as to what others cars do?

My Model Y does the pulsating thing. Looks like the brightness increases then decreases within a few seconds. It used to be a bright flash. It came with any of the 2023.2.x software versions.