Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Camera based detection motion not working properly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Camera based detection not working properly. About 2-3 weeks ago my MY23 stopped detecting motions near my car. Sentry mode is ON and camera based detection is ON. I know it’s annoying sometimes cause the headlight will flash when ur near it, I’m just worried one day someone might just scratch or hit my car without evidence recording while I’m away or parked. Sentry mode would only trigger if I tried opening the door but before it will trigger when just I’m approaching. I tried reformatting USB and getting an SSD Samsung 1TB, tried factory reset and nothing seems to be working. I finally able to bring it to Tesla service center today and they didn’t find any issue. Does anybody have the same issue and solve it? Thanks!!

Same my car😌
IMG_9872.jpeg

Just noticed that that a new ding was in my passenger door while shopping this afternoon. It had to have happened yesterday or today as I washed my car yesterday morning and the ding was not there at the time.

I checked my Sentry video, and my Sentry mode captured no events for Saturday and Sunday. I went to multiple places shopping both days with cars around and people -which should have captured events. Sentry was enabled as it captured video from today and also on Friday.

Also, Sentry video playback used to put small timeline markers at the bottom of the playback screen to show when a person approached the car. I have noticed those markers no longer appear, making it tedious to drag through the video to see if anyone parked next to the car. When did that feature go away? I admittedly do not spend a lot of time in Sentry as I generally do not experience issues. But of course, when needed, it did not record.