Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My third party charging application EV.Energy:Smart EV Car Charge has failed again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am bringing my 2022 Model Y in for a new Power Conversion System. It has again failed in less than 30 days. When it fails my new Model Y will not accept a charge at home but a Super Charger will work. The cars charger runs for a few minutes and then gives you the Charging Stopped warning. I have two Tesla home wall chargers, one on each side of the garage. The chargers run on separate electrical systems on different breakers. My input volts are a steady 230.

Tesla has been great. They scheduled me right away and will again quickly replace it.

Big Moe

I am bringing my 2022 Model Y in for a new Power Conversion System. It has again failed in less than 30 days. When it fails my new Model Y will not accept a charge at home but a Super Charger will work. The cars charger runs for a few minutes and then gives you the Charging Stopped warning. I have two Tesla home wall chargers, one on each side of the garage. The chargers run on separate electrical systems on different breakers. My input volts are a steady 230.

Tesla has been great. They scheduled me right away and will again quickly replace it.

Big Moe
As it turned out the Tesla equipment was good. I downloaed a program called "EV.Energy:Smart EV Car Charge". It seemed to be in metric so I deleted it. This program kept sending signals to my Tesla Model Y telling it to stop charging. I had to change my Tesla password.

The associates at Cherry Hill Tesla were terrific. They expidated my issue and found the code in the software that was stopping my charging at home. Kudos to their kindness and efficiency.

Reactions: bicar