Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY7 LR - Looking for durable Cargo mats for use with a large dog

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking for a set of cargo mats or floor liners for my 2022 Model Y LR 7-seater. After searching long and hard I have not found anything that can meet the following needs:

Full coverage for the cargo area including the back of 2nd-row seats. Easy to clean pet hair for a yellow lab (owners will understand why this is super important :)). I should be able to fold down/up any 2nd-row or 3rd-row seat individually.

Can the community here help me. Thank you.

Also, I'm a big fan of 3D MAXpider mats, however, I am not sure how easy would they be to clean (excessive) pet hair.

I should be able to fold down/up any 2nd-row or 3rd-row seat individually.
This requirement may be a deal-breaker. Without it, there are several good solutions including this one:
I just bought something similar to the Topfit cargo liner. It's more expensive, but the sides go up higher, it includes full coverage for the two small side wells in the back...and most importantly, the rear seat covers are separate, so you can still raise/lower all 3 sections separately.

Worth-Mats

View attachment 796629

I bought it for my 5-seater 2022 Y (they don't have one for 7-seaters). They say they can fit: "Tesla MODEL 3 MODEL Y 5 Seat MODEL X 5/6/7 Seat MODEL S"

It estimated delivery at 4-8 weeks. I got mine in under 3. I didn't pay the $10 for a "logo" (the name of the car stitched on), and they even emailed to confirm, but I got "Model Y" in gold thread in 3 places. Maybe I can black it out with a sharpie.

The big mat on the floor just sits on top, like most cargo mats - so you can easily slip it out if need be. The vertical sections on the seat backs and side walls attach via small velcro patches along the edges. Where there's carpet, the velcro sticks to that. Where there's plastic, they include both side of the velcro, one with sticky backing.

What I like about them:
  • Pretty full coverage!
  • Can still fold down each of the three seat pieces separately
  • Can still access the subtrunk, buttons and latches, etc
  • They are pretty lightweight
  • Nice feeling, slightly padded material with almost no smell
  • The material is a reasonable match for the car's interior
  • Pretty good fit
  • Pretty easy to install
What I don't like, so far:
  • I asked for an all-black, no-logo liner. I got "Model Y" stitched in gold in 3 places
  • With the liners on the side walls, it's pretty impossible to lift the full-width cover of the shallow storage area in front of the subtrunk. Oh well, it was pretty small and hard to get to anyway.
  • When you put the seats up, sometimes the seat liners snag on the trunk floor. Not hard to manage...assuming both hands are free
  • They are a lot more expensive than cargo liners I've used in the past (but this is much better coverage)
I just put 'em in, so it's possible I will come to hate them after some use. Maybe:
  • They will be slippery?
  • They will not wear well?
  • They will not stay in place?
  • How "waterproof" will they be? It says the material is waterproof, but it has an awful lot of stitching...
Here is how it looks with all the seats folded down:

View attachment 796635

And with just one seat folded:

View attachment 796636

They have properly-placed cutouts so you can access everything you need:

View attachment 796637

It's still easy to get full access to the trunk well:

View attachment 796638

Seat back detail. You do have to remove the headrests, but that's pretty easy:

View attachment 796639

Side detail:

View attachment 796640

Also, I'm a big fan of 3D MAXpider mats, however, I am not sure how easy would they be to clean (excessive) pet hair.
My experience has been that any rubber or plastic surface is easy to clean of pet hair. The killer is all that carpeting. I've got a large mostly white dog that sheds a lot. I've tried to cover up as much of the carpet as possible. I went with a full set of Tesmanian mats for my 5-seater including mats that cover the back of the 2nd row. They have a set of mats for 7-seaters coming soon but it doesn't include mats for the back of the 2nd or 3rd rows:

If you can afford to wait, I wouldn't be surprised if more options become available in the next 6 months or so.

Found these, does anyone have experience with this brand - LinerX?

Their support team says that the 2nd and the 3rd row seats can each fold up / down with the product installed.

Last edited: