Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone, I have a few random questions about the MYP I will be picking up...eventually. I'm wondering if those who have received their MYP can answer them. Fairly simple things but just questions.

1. Are the windows tinted? I have never really noticed here in Utah any MY's not having tinted windows, but we are also a state that tinted windows are a must (though our tint laws are the most strict in comparison to surrounding states).

2. How are the speakers? I love listening to all types of music on my commute into work every day. I want to make sure that the speakers sound great! Also is there SiriusXM capability?

3. Does the blinker have the "lane change blinker"? You know, the blinker that you tap it, it blinks three times and then stops meaning you don't have to hit the blinker again once you have changed lanes. My current car and my wife's car has this feature and if the MYP doesn't have it, I'm not going to hear the end of it from my wife as I bought a $65K car that is missing the best feature since Cruise Control....I haven't told her the car doesn't come standard with Homelink, and I have zero intentions of paying $325 for it.

Thanks in advance! I'm extremely excited!

speakers are great, there is some consensus that the quality of streaming audio doesn't do the system justice. for best results you'll wanna put your music on a usb stick. compromise I think is to use bluetooth to stream it from your phone. I'm nowhere near that picky though so Spotify streaming is fine for me
I love music but probably similar to yourself. I'm fine with Spotify streaming. I'm coming from a Harman Kardon stereo in my Mini Countryman and I have yet to find a better sound. Hopefully the Tesla system will suffice.

Reactions: tomagucci
To my non-audiophile ears, the stereo in the MYP sounds really good. I've been happy with the sound quality I'm hearing from Tidal. I think it's on par with the Harmon Kardon system in my mom's Volvo XC60. No XM radio though.

As mentioned, there is the lane change blinker feature.

Some features missing in the MYP that's available on most cars in this price range are: true blind spot detection/warning on the sideview mirrors, rear cross-traffic warning, & 360-degree parking camera.

I do love the car. I'm 5+ months in and I'm still super eager to take it out on errands and stuff, putting on tons of miles.:D

Reactions: Maxw72 and voxel