Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Square Setup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm running 255/40/20 all around on my MYP (101-rated Vredestein Quatrac Pro).

It's not a sports car, nor is it lacking grip so was not interested in fitting wider rubber. Main motivation was a square setup for rotations, better ride quality and far lighter wheel/tire combo.

• Informative
Reactions: MJP.P3D- and jcanoe
I was actually thinking of putting the rears up front as well. Just haven't found anyone that actually did that. I'm wondering if they would fit. I'll need to take my jacks out of storage and try putting the rear up front!!
You can definitely go square and run rear uberturbines up front with 275 width tires. I'm currently running 285 square and will be swapping to 295 square soon.

Reactions: WG21 and jpy1980
This is not a debate; simply stating facts.

A tire shop can easily lookup the tire load index requirements for any vehicle. For liability purposes the tire shop would not install tires that do not meet spec.

Should the tires fail, resulting in a blowout and an accident, the insurance company investigating the accident claim would determine that the vehicle had been fitted with out of spec tires.

I'm not trying to change your mind. Your mind is made up. I am providing this information for others.
But he pointed to facts with the context being 265/35/21 have only 10 lb per wheel lower index. So 20 lbs per axel could result in what? You didn’t seem to acknowledge that fact unless I misunderstood the 101 load rating for square 265/35/21. Did I?

But he pointed to facts with the context being 265/35/21 have only 10 lb per wheel lower index. So 20 lbs per axel could result in what? You didn’t seem to acknowledge that fact unless I misunderstood the 101 load rating for square 265/35/21. Did I?
See Post #4. The proposed 265/35r21 setup would have a load index of 101 (1819 lbs) vs the OEM 103 (1929 lbs). The maximum tire load (in lbs) I listed for a load index of 101 (1919 lbs) in Post #12 is a typo and is incorrect. The correct value is 1819 lbs. The difference is actually 110 lbs, 220 lbs for both rear tires.

Last edited:
Reactions: jpy1980
Back from the dead so I don’t start a new thread.

I have a MYP. I see all the tire talk, but was wondering if anyone took some MYP rear wheels/tires and put them on the front (if so, pics/thoughts)? Would Another option be taking the 20” uberturbines from a M3P and using those as a square set up on the Y??