Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

National Geo video showing Elon's reaction of first rocket landing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I've already watched it about a dozen times and each time it is thrilling in a way that is difficult to describe. I hope I never forget where I was and who I was with when I watched that launch and stage landing live a year ago. It will go down in history as an important milestone in the human exploration of space. To think that in my lifetime I was able to experience the first humans to reach space, the US moon missions, the shuttle, the ISS, and the first critical steps towards the goal of putting humans on Mars is amazing. And I am convinced that before I am gone I will watch humans land on Mars and stay there and that is even more amazing. Out of the approximately 20,000 generations so far of Homo sapiens, my generation is the one that will directly experience all of that progress. How fortunate I am!

I am also continually surprised at how little interest most people I know express in what SpaceX is doing. They literally have no idea what SpaceX is or what its goal is.

I still recall the moon landing and the excitement that caused but the launching and landing by SpaceX a year ago while certainly different but in its own way just as thrilling.
I initially watched Elon's reaction to the landing during the National Geographic MARS docudrama and it very cool to see him go from thinking the rocket blew up to successfully landing.

Reactions: Grendal and ggnykk
Yes, I've already watched it about a dozen times and each time it is thrilling in a way that is difficult to describe. I hope I never forget where I was and who I was with when I watched that launch and stage landing live a year ago. It will go down in history as an important milestone in the human exploration of space. To think that in my lifetime I was able to experience the first humans to reach space, the US moon missions, the shuttle, the ISS, and the first critical steps towards the goal of putting humans on Mars is amazing. And I am convinced that before I am gone I will watch humans land on Mars and stay there and that is even more amazing. Out of the approximately 20,000 generations so far of Homo sapiens, my generation is the one that will directly experience all of that progress. How fortunate I am!

I am also continually surprised at how little interest most people I know express in what SpaceX is doing. They literally have no idea what SpaceX is or what its goal is.
I agree that it is very exciting time now!!

By the way, getting people excited about Tesla is a lot more helpful to Elon than getting people excited about SpaceX. At least, people can afford to buy a Tesla car, and further strengthen Tesla's mission. Only about 1 in a million chance of people you talk to actually pay $500k to try to live on Mars.