Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation used to know where HOME is. Now it cannot find my address anymore.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I purchased my Model 3 in June 2019, navigation worked great. I set HOME to my home address and WORK to my work address. Then, sometime in mid 2020 after an update, setting auto pilot on to go to work would take me 2 miles from home instead of 21 miles to destination. Address in the system was still the same. And, it could not longer find my HOME. The address was still set correctly. It just couldn't find the street. It would set the destination miles from my home. When I would get home and park in the garage, it would say I was on a street that was a couple of miles away. It still does this almost a year later. I have been hoping that it was just some bugs in the update back then but it is still not corrected. When I tell it to navigate and give it my address, it tells me address not found. I'm not sure what is happening or if they will ever correct navigation again. Do they monitor forum postings for problems that folks are having with their Tesla's? This is really frustrating as the two most important aspects of the Tesla to me is the navigations and FSD.

According to the OP's profile location, if accurate, he's probably one of a handful of people in Zimbabwe to drive a Model 3. If his location is a joke, then there's really no telling what his problem is. If I were to guess, it's something to do with the map that's loaded in the car. It could also be a problem with the GPS.

Reactions: jjrandorin