Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need a new tire on 2024 M3LR already - okay to get just one Michelin Primacy MXM4?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, so less than 500 miles on my 2024 M3LR and I've already picked up a nail in a tire. Discount Tire supposedly patched it but I doesn't look like it held. So I'm thinking I may have to get a new tire already. Looking at Discount Tire, I don't think they have Michelin Primacy A/S T0 that seems to be what my vehicle came with. But they do have the Michelin Primacy MXM4 T1. Does this matter if I get one of those and not in pairs? Where can I even get the Michelin Primacy A/S T0? I'd really just like everything as the originals but maybe that's not going to be an option. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Believe me, I don't want to, but what is my option here? I'm not sure where/if I can get the original tire. I guess maybe Tesla but they are quoting 3 weeks before they can see the car
Ask for a replacement tire with the parts department, pick it up and pay to have it mounted at DT. But first I would go back to DT and have them attempt a second repair. A more experienced tech might do a better job.

Which size, 18" or 19"

Okay, so less than 500 miles on my 2024 M3LR and I've already picked up a nail in a tire. Discount Tire supposedly patched it but I doesn't look like it held. So I'm thinking I may have to get a new tire already. Looking at Discount Tire, I don't think they have Michelin Primacy A/S T0 that seems to be what my vehicle came with. But they do have the Michelin Primacy MXM4 T1. Does this matter if I get one of those and not in pairs? Where can I even get the Michelin Primacy A/S T0? I'd really just like everything as the originals but maybe that's not going to be an option. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
You did not state rhe 32nds of tread left

If you go new, do at least two matching on same front or back but the old ones that will stay need to be high 32nds of tread
If you go used, easily found online, same do pair, and go for used tread depth as close to what’s staying on the car