Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need A Pep Talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to the forums, but I ordered a Tesla MY on the 19th Grey Color. Rep said I could add rims and autopilot later in process.

Two days later Tuesday got a call my Tesla would be delivered on the 23rd and ready for pickup by this coming weekend.

I put it off because I wanted the rims and didn’t want to deal with the hassle. Also, i thought it might be someone’s reject. It’s still early in the process, but now I am worried that it may be the 4-8 weeks or longer.

I thought maybe it might be someone’s reject. I guess one of the reasons I am okay with rejecting it, is all the quality control issues and hoping more get worked out later in the process.

Should I have passed on it just for the rims?

They called from the delivery center to setup the delivery and I never got a vin assigned to my account. I just told them I wanted to the full self driving which would be no problem, but the rims is a problem right now.

I was surprised as well as the original Tesla sales rep.

My thought is maybe it was a reject??

I finalized my order (financing, trade in, etc) on 7/20, Got my VIN assigned on 7/22 for a vehicle that was built on 7/21 (i specifically asked my advisor).

Just because you get the vehicle quickly doesnt necessarily means its a reject vehicle.

Build Date: 7/21/2020
VIN: 33XXX

Reactions: CO_MY