Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need Jedda wireless pad?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’m trying to figure out what advantages the Jeda wireless pad may offer over the OEM wireless pad?

is horizontal charging it?

can you add a wired charge via the OEM if you wanted to for fast speed?

and will the OEM still work with the Jeda USB hub?

Jeda gives you horizontal support and better support for large cases (like the one on my wife's iPhone). Plus they're just about to roll out their V3 Wireless Pad. After fighting with my built in one, I decided there was more than enough benefit (like my wife's phone charging while she's in the car) to outweigh the cost. And yes, I also have a Jeda USB Hub on order. I trust them to get this stuff right.

So I’m trying to figure out what advantages the Jeda wireless pad may offer over the OEM wireless pad?

is horizontal charging it?

can you add a wired charge via the OEM if you wanted to for fast speed?

and will the OEM still work with the Jeda USB hub?
I would say try it out with your phone first before deciding if you need to change. For me, the OEM Pad been working great. It fast charge my phone and I have no issue with it charging with a case. Yes, sometimes I do wish it charges the phone horizontally, but then again i think it's safer for my driving if it doesn't. Haha.

I am in the same boat. I have a Jeda Wireless Pad V3 on order, along with a MY Hub. I am on the fence to cancel the wireless pad and stick with OEM. I have a Samsung S10+ with a thin case on it. I should have good charging speeds with little to no degregation with OEM. I dont have my MY yet, or the V3 wireless pad, so right now I am keeping it. Will test when I get either/both.

I get the maximum charging speed my phone supports from the pad, 10W and that's with a simple clear plastic case, not super thin but not thick either. That's also with a fairly large phone (Pixel 4XL). Unless you have charging issues with the stock one, or need the horizontal function, I don't seem much other need for it.

I do have their USB hub on order though, will be nice to have some extra USB ports and the hidden spot for the SD card reader.

I get the maximum charging speed my phone supports from the pad, 10W and that's with a simple clear plastic case, not super thin but not thick either. That's also with a fairly large phone (Pixel 4XL). Unless you have charging issues with the stock one, or need the horizontal function, I don't seem much other need for it.

I do have their USB hub on order though, will be nice to have some extra USB ports and the hidden spot for the SD card reader.
Nice, i have the same phone as you. I thought about getting the Hub, but the only thing I use is SD Card reader for Sentry mode, so don't really see a point having more USB ports.

Xbox game controller for when you are supercharging and want to play buggy or another game.
Music USB, if you wanted one.
Power for another USB accessory.

Just a few that come to mind right away.....but of course the best answer is, because you can. :)
yeah, just saying for me. don't really play games, all my music and podcasts are on my phone, and i have a 12 v car charger in 12 v charger if I need to charge other accessories.

Nice, i have the same phone as you. I thought about getting the Hub, but the only thing I use is SD Card reader for Sentry mode, so don't really see a point having more USB ports.

That's what I thought, but sometimes I do need to charge faster so its nice to have a corded option, or if the wife needs to charge her phone. Just makes it easier since the Jeda hub has the extra ports and I can just leave a cable plugged in there and use as needed. Guess you could always unplug the wireless charger and plug in a cable.. but thats no fun ;)

That's what I thought, but sometimes I do need to charge faster so its nice to have a corded option, or if the wife needs to charge her phone. Just makes it easier since the Jeda hub has the extra ports and I can just leave a cable plugged in there and use as needed. Guess you could always unplug the wireless charger and plug in a cable.. but thats no fun ;)
Thanks everyone. Ask just realized the OEM won’t charge a pair of AirPods bc they sit too low. Maybe the Jeda bc it’s horizontal will be able to wireless charge your phone and airpod case at the same time!?

Thanks everyone. Ask just realized the OEM won’t charge a pair of AirPods bc they sit too low. Maybe the Jeda bc it’s horizontal will be able to wireless charge your phone and airpod case at the same time!?

Hmm that just gave me an idea for a little "hack". I might make a little velcro "stage" to stick on to the passenger charge pad that I could set a pair of wireless buds on to have it positioned at the right spot for wireless charging. Being velcro, it could just be removed if a passenger needed to charge a phone.