Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need some advice on a sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like a reasonable price. I have been tracking 2014s and 2015s w/AP:

2ySe30GpYP9GsKbRrMddddE7HxyeY2HqBKKOm6SwkwNlG-kpTayf7hifQKj9Wcw-8C6u5LoVX6BoqHF0IpG7V1b0JYskHuhlzSkOGWvoJTUpxHZMm_hLZujYZl9FsNm26fOb2CBChzkBz7T8dwOKjgBElS4BMkry_cQUF7L8XktxcaJvoXuvpZnUtOtcFgqP1p-AiGe3r8EO0znGbrODr5eV5OQHUBtnZ2YjqpI2VoLNiO3bY3Lcl9ONnXeWQUvEYYnvywPNsNxXK2aai3Ce-pCsFBFPcHhKZHguSsFgSSX9A--kCcRJ8ac7gfl2aB5q1kXQBLslwq1FoM84qllFkjaTI4a8SxxTMb21klfrbjWnjme2wDSQYlyFOb-Tq_jAtTILD1K1Fk8rZWU-zAyIxMQMxIfejU7h5rpK0gphYiKLvIQUfQbLYBlxTSh5QjdpJdjjJ-Mdoz50TzacYG2YGx-epvZQquzanRabFMlg2wNkSY-7HYYCJxA_ctTyC38xooDRlOKRYp-qlKOBz7k5v-13-h5HptPO4mad6I72l-oK6Jca8YMlygxkEaMmzth3f3CLpjYKb4KqdNIo2TBiiOfwyty4youAkIBmKX_R0Pk=w2056-h806-no-tmp.jpg

My list includes 60, 70, 75, and 85s. SO, yours is average priced but newer and larger capacity than most on my list.

Has the battery warranty been voided? If not I believe that is good for 8 years and unlimited miles. The lack of other warranty might bother me some. I am still looking into whether third party warranties are available but my guess is they would be cost prohibitive.

Is there a need to get a car now? If not I would really shop the market for a while knowing that other deals do pop up. If there IS a NEED to get a car, that would raise my red flag wait a minute internal sensors would trigger and I would look for a much less expensive "get me bye" car, like a used Prius or Some such. That would relieve pressure and allow for a more rational search.

to me it looks like it is priced well. Almost a bargain but this could mean 1 of 2 things in my opinion... either the seller is pricing it lower based on the fact that you cannot get the extended warranty or the car might have a less than ideal past... The battery is certainly warrantied for the full 8 years but the cost of repair can be prohibitive...

personally i would pass based on the warranty... I would feel different if it had 49,900 miles because I could take it to the dealer and make sure it is all sorted out before the warranty runs out. IF you proceed see if Tesla can do some kind of inspection on the car. IF it needs something now your first week of ownership would be in the shop. Unless you can validate that the car is in pristine condition I would walk away. For a few K more you could get a similar car with at least some warranty left on it.... or even a CPO with maybe a tad bit less range...

If you are new to Teslas you might not know what to ask or what to look for when talking to the owner. Spend a few K more for piece of mind..

that is my 2 cents...

With zero warranty, I would personally pass. Not because of price, I think the price is right on. Without knowing the full past of the car, I think it's way to risky. I'm curious why you wouldn't have the option to add the Extended Service Agreement though. I know it's at 52K, but it's a 3 year old car. You have 180 days to purchase this after it is 4 years old. I'm not sure how it works when it's over 50K. Has someone at Tesla implicitly told you that you cannot purchase the Extended Service Agreement?

Reactions: GMan324
This particular one was snatched up in 30mns. There were a lot more CPOs last month. Not sure why that is. Work with an advisor as they should be able to help you find what you want. These AWD should start to come off lease now.