Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Need to program new Arachnid Wheels at dealer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m swapping the wheels off of my brand new model S with a brand new pair of arachnid wheels.

Will I need to take it to the dealer to get them programmed since they are new TPMS sensors or will the car pick them up?

Anything I need to do?

Thanks!!

Jason

I switch between 19 inch slip streams and 21 inch turbines often and after about 5 mins of driving a message pops up on the screen asking to confirm the new wheels and the option to select the size. Same should happen with yours assuming both sets of TPMS are the same generation.

Yes, be sure to program them in correct direction too. It is not a pretty sight when two wheels rotate in the opposite way and one of the rear wheels think it's steering !
- no . no "programming" involved, as long they are compatible they will pop up just fine after few minutes of driving.

One thought - if you swap the wheels, the service center can program the display on the dash to show the car with Arachnids. They did this for me without asking when I swapped the wheels on my old Model S and I thought it was pretty cool. I think you're making a good choice. I have had my new Model S with Carbon Twin Turbines for a couple of weeks now and, while the new wheels are slowing growing on me, am nevertheless contemplating going back to the Arachnids as they just look so darn good.

One thought - if you swap the wheels, the service center can program the display on the dash to show the car with Arachnids. They did this for me without asking when I swapped the wheels on my old Model S and I thought it was pretty cool. I think you're making a good choice. I have had my new Model S with Carbon Twin Turbines for a couple of weeks now and, while the new wheels are slowing growing on me, am nevertheless contemplating going back to the Arachnids as they just look so darn good.

Our Tesla Service Center also programmed our Ludicrous 2015 P85D to display our new Arachnids when they installed them. The Arachnid wheels also show now on our iPhones correctly too. :cool: