Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Negative press about Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Living in OC, I see Tesla everywhere. What I find it interesting that most model S or X don't use their quick acceleration to show other ICE cars how fast an electric car can go so we can get less negative press from ICE drivers. I usually see most model s drivers driving slowly, sometime in the far right lane on freeway letting ICE cars cutting them off even.
I know model S should has quicker acceleration than my RWD, however I find myself wanting to launch the car if i'm the 1st car at the light whenever I see some aggressive ICE driver (e.g. tailgating, speeding or cutting lanes) next to me. I tend to do a quick launch but keep it near the speed limit. I will let those speeders pass me if they go above the speed limit. I haven't gotten a ticket in my 15+ years driving. I don't want owning a Tesla will get me my 1st speeding ticket. It's so hard not to speed in this car.

I don't want to act negatively somehow and bring negative thoughts from ICE drivers that Tesla drivers are a bunch of reckless drivers and speeders. I just want them to know that yeah these cars are fast and cool. I even heard someone saying that Tesla car can't go fast for a long distance. The battery will heat up so they can only launch once and wait for the battery to cool down before they can do it again. It just makes me mad hearing these false information in the public or reading these negative comments on Yahoo. There are so much misinformation out there and I want to see if maybe us users can somehow change that. I wish there can be a public event where all Tesla owners can get together and offer free tutorial and test drive to ICE drivers.

Sorry for the long rant.

Last edited:
I only stomp it when there is muscle car next to me. My best out run was a 488 in Fort Worth, he finally passed me at over 115mph.
99% of folks on East Coast dont know what a Tesla is. I give at least one lecture a week. And one test drive every other week. I let anyone drive it that i know, and others. They are freaked out. I have a test drive scheduled today. Its so much fun to see the total astonishment on there faces. Tesla would sell a lot more cars if the showrooms would give more test drives.
The negative vibes comes from jealousy or stupidity. Too bad.