Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TACC and Auto Steer weakness, love to see improvements.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use TACC quite often and sometimes Auto Steer basic features as I really enjoy the assistance they provide. But there are still many unreasonable behaviors compare to human driving.
1) TACC maintains current speed when doing a turn, imagine driving at 50 miles and hour and turn right at same speed !!! A good driver always slow down when doing a turn. TACC knows about the turn and should imitate human action in this case
2) when speed limits change, TACC is slow to recognize the new speed limit. Not only that it continues to run the car at the speed before the limit change. This is not good when going from hi speed zone to low speed zone, one could get a ticket for
speeding. Tesla can argue that the driver must take over in.this case. My argument is TACC software should be able to handle this.
3) Auto Steer: doing quite well at lane keeping. However when driving on curvy road, the car jerks left and right a bit, quite repeatedly to stay on track. A human driver, me for sure, can drive on a curvy road quite smoothly (by slowing down appropriately base on the curvature). Maybe TACC fix for the issue#1 above will help ???
This is something that is done inside a hard disk drive to keep the read/write head to stay smoothly on the circular track with a desired precision without jerking around.
I really hope to see these improvements in the near future.

You're mis-using the product. TAAC and Autosteer specifically say in the manual that it is not for use on city streets. Limited access highways only. So of course it doesn't work well.

1705865156372.png

Sounds like you want Full Self Driving for less money? Tesla has zero reason to improve TAAC/AS and has not improved it in years. They want your money in FSD.

Reactions: ken_neth