Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nervous Nelly Needs Advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is wrong with this car.. am I being a uniformed shopper?

New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

I keep seeing like models come and go and slowly drop price and sell at 50-51,000 or so (all around 20 - 25 k miles). I almost bought a similar one few weeks ago and then got cold feel after reading the forum about AP2 and another regarding the deal of 75 versus 90 battery.

My commute is 3 miles and I do not road trip mostly because we travel alone and far for short times... and flying makes the most sense. If I can live with the 75 batter (vs. 90) and not Dual motor is the price fair at 50k?

I love that I learned so much from everyone here, and am in no rush to buy so I think that is part of my cold feet on taking a leap.

Would appreciate any words of wisdom on the type shown ("base?", AP1, new face, no hepa no fidelity sound).

What are your other criteria? Color, interior, wheels (19" or 21")?

If you're really only using the car for commuting and short trips, the differences between AP1 and AP2 won't affect you that much. And you don't need a bigger battery, so there are a ton of RWD, AP1 cars available from Tesla currently.

For instance, here's a S70 in Florida (you can pick it up and save the transportation fee) with AP1 and a 4-year warranty for under $40k!

Model S 70 5YJSA1E10FF103071 | Tesla

There are 26 other Florida cars priced below $50k, some S85, some 70D, a few S60 even a couple 85Ds. All with the 4-year warranty and many with the Premium Upgrade Package.

Here's another S70 with low mileage for $49k:

Model S 70 5YJSA1E13GF125356 | Tesla

You have lots to choose from if those are your primary criteria.

I'm new to the CPO hunting game too, but this one doesn't seem that great to me? The price is now 55k.

What about these two (with VIN numbers - Sorry I don't know how to copy the links without redirecting you to the general search site...)
5YJSA1E15GF138402
5YJSA1E14GF158219
These are both base models 75 from 2016 and not so much mileage, but a few grands cheaper.

Or you can pay up to 54k for a dual motor, smart air suspension and a bunch of upgrades for this one:
5YJSA1E25GF134522

• Love
Reactions: Floridian21
What are your other criteria? Color, interior, wheels (19" or 21")?

If you're really only using the car for commuting and short trips, the differences between AP1 and AP2 won't affect you that much. And you don't need a bigger battery, so there are a ton of RWD, AP1 cars available from Tesla currently.

For instance, here's a S70 in Florida (you can pick it up and save the transportation fee) with AP1 and a 4-year warranty for under $40k!

Model S 70 5YJSA1E10FF103071 | Tesla

There are 26 other Florida cars priced below $50k, some S85, some 70D, a few S60 even a couple 85Ds. All with the 4-year warranty and many with the Premium Upgrade Package.

Here's another S70 with low mileage for $49k:

Model S 70 5YJSA1E13GF125356 | Tesla

You have lots to choose from if those are your primary criteria.

Wow thanks EVCPO !

BTW your site is amazing! (I know you hear this often... but it is!)

I am open to color and interiors, we can not make up our mind about "gold" some days we love it and some days we feel it has a 90s lexus vibe and he does not like white. Wants are: wheels 19'' , facelift, and for my significant other "low milage... less than 25k" since we would let go of our just hitting 18k miles c class for it. I know it does not matter with electric but a relationship is about two things 1. compromise and 2. know when to apologize ;)

I know we (I..actually) am silly to expect a great-fiscal choice when changing my car so soon but we drove one at a mall 2 months ago and went "YOLO" on wanting to change to a tesla! Hoping for a no-regrets ownership!

Reactions: EV-CPO
I'm new to the CPO hunting game too, but this one doesn't seem that great to me? The price is now 55k.

What about these two (with VIN numbers - Sorry I don't know how to copy the links without redirecting you to the general search site...)
5YJSA1E15GF138402
5YJSA1E14GF158219
These are both base models 75 from 2016 and not so much mileage, but a few grands cheaper.

Or you can pay up to 54k for a dual motor, smart air suspension and a bunch of upgrades for this one:
5YJSA1E25GF134522

That blue one also has cold weather package , nice color!

Thanks Didiariel - I saw you purchased recently ! Congrats and hope it goes smoothly for you !

That blue one also has cold weather package , nice color!

Thanks Didiariel - I saw you purchased recently ! Congrats and hope it goes smoothly for you !
Thank you!
I love that blue color too. Are you based in Florida? I'd get an eye-catching color so it shines under the sun. I'm in northeast part so the red and blue don't look as cool here under grey skies, imo.
Definitely request some photos to see the damages though. I almost went for another car, but it had so many scratches and stains. I kinda think that looking at those real photos give you a sense of how worst this car can look, because the photos were taken in a dim place with an awful camera...

• Love
Reactions: Floridian21
Oh we are stuck on the new nose job type for sure.

Good option on the cone! Learning everyday for sure on this website! Looks stock in their videos..amazing.

Painting seems like a pain ....and between 3k cone and paint reduces saving if looking at 2016 for 6 year warranty + 4 year unlimited warranty for the lower mileage. Not to mention my inability to complete any non vital errands/ tasks = I am not the best person for after market modifications.

Thank you!
I love that blue color too. Are you based in Florida? I'd get an eye-catching color so it shines under the sun. I'm in northeast part so the red and blue don't look as cool here under grey skies, imo.
Definitely request some photos to see the damages though. I almost went for another car, but it had so many scratches and stains. I kinda think that looking at those real photos give you a sense of how worst this car can look, because the photos were taken in a dim place with an awful camera...

Thanks so much for the advice! I will defiantly ask for photos and pour over them on a good monitor. Really appreciate that tip!

PS: Just move to Florida! It is amazing ...we moved from PacNW 4 years ago (huge leap) and love it - sunshine forever!