Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New 2020 Model X 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

omega

Jan 23, 2015
US
Up for sale is an essentially new 2020 White Model X 100D long range with 1600 miles, 7 seats, including Tesla all weather mats which we purchased after the sale of the car. It was purchased on Dec 28, 2019. The car is in pristine condition.

The car is currently located and registered with the inspection passed in New Hampshire.
The federal rebate was not submitted for this car yet.

The Tesla purchase price was $89,790 w/o all weather mats.

The price is $88,199 OBO.
PM me if you are interested.

Thanks!

Attachments

• WhiteMOdelX.jpg
    WhiteMOdelX.jpg
    456.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Disagree
Reactions: Boiler149
Wow! I think you may have to be a little more flexible since the rebate is gone and if I order new now there is almost no difference in the price. Can you share as to why you are selling beautiful new car?

I'm flexible, had an accident with the other model X, we thought they cannot fix it. They did, meantime we bought this new one, which we are trying to sell.

The price is now $86,999.

Last edited:
Reactions: IdaX
Here is the build sheet.

Description Price (USD)
Model X $81,000
Model X Long Range $3,990
Pearl White Multi-Coat Included
20" Silver Wheels Included
All Black Premium Interior with Figured Ash Wood Décor Included
Seven Seat Interior $3,500
Autopilot Included
Free Unlimited Supercharging Included
Subtotal $88,490
Destination and Documentation Fee $1,200
Order Fee $100
Total $89,790

...Because a new one is $89,790 (plus taxes if applicable) whereas the one listed here is $86,999 (as of today)...

Someone buying your car has to pay their respective state taxes again when they register it. Used or New makes no difference. In most states any way. NH of course has no state sales tax. I know a MA buyer would have to pay taxes.

Someone buying your car has to pay their respective state taxes again when they register it. Used or New makes no difference. In most states any way. NH of course has no state sales tax. I know a MA buyer would have to pay taxes.
Right, I did not mean to omit that...Thanks for pointing it out. The original reply is corrected.

No since they don't do that...
Of course they do. Just contact them and they usually come back the same day with the offer. You may not like the offer, mainly because to them your car is worth less than it costs them to build a brand new one (less because it's now a used car, plus the configuration is fixed). This is why the old saying goes "you drop 1-2 year in car's value once you drive it off the lot" - this is true for all cars, not just Teslas.

If you find someone who wants that exact configuration you have, the benefit of your car is that they don't have to wait, but the drawback is they are now the second owner and they lose supercharging. If they wanted some other option, different color, they might still be willing to buy yours but at a discount.

I am not trying to rain on our parade btw, just providing you with some facts as your car will only depreciate as you own it, so your loss is getting worse with time. Find a buyer, negotiate best price, but be ready to lose some money, sorry. Or, just keep it.

PS> I was in a similar situation (almost exactly) 2 years ago, my wifes S was in an accident, I was almost sure they would total it but the estimate queue was long and Tesla was going for a factory shutdown, so I ordered. I knew however that if they would fix the car, I would rather just give up the deposit (back then $2,500) rather than buy it and have to sell it. In the end I cancelled the order because the "preliminary estimate" ended up as "fixable", but then when they finally decided to total the car the factory was down for 3 months, so I got an inventory S with different interior color than my wife wanted, but it is what it is. Oh, they also discounted the S'es by $2,500 shortly after we bought it (by including the premium package in the base price), so had I bought it and had to sell it, I would have lost even more money.

Good luck on your sale.

Reactions: Rmf1981