Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Atlas Screen Swivel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TechForum just yesterday released the new version of his screen swivel. I'd ordered the previous version for my yet to be delivered M3 when he emailed me to let me know this was coming and offer an upgrade. The Atlas mount seemed like a no-brainer to me. Pretty excited to have full pivot on the screen.

Reactions: Recumpence
Given that the screen controls basically every function in the car, I would personally be a bit concerned about Tesla nullifying the warranty if a problem arose after installing this screen mount. Am I being too cautious or is this a real concern?

Reactions: AC2DC
Given that the screen controls basically every function in the car, I would personally be a bit concerned about Tesla nullifying the warranty if a problem arose after installing this screen mount. Am I being too cautious or is this a real concern?
They'd surely refuse to service the screen under warranty after this was installed, yeah. But in general car companies can't do a blanket warranty nullification based on unrelated parts (local laws vary, yada yada).

As far as reliability: this thing is an off the shelf laptop display. While sure it looks like the highest-tech part of this amazing whizbang car, in fact this particular part has to be one of the most replaceable and most substitutable in the entire vehicle.

Reactions: joebruin77
He is working on a shroud that is more OEM -looking, more consistent with the existing dash material and color I think. Possinly 3D-printed but I'm not sure what production method he'll use.

He mentioned this in a recent update video and said the new-design shroud would be retro-fittable for existing owners.

I'm still waiting on my Tesla but I have received the Atlas mount and it's beautifully made. It's also more functional and the movement axes are more carefully calculated than the made-in-China take-offs, as explained in the videos. Well worth the price difference in my opinion.

Reactions: id436eg9045
Does this lower the screen? I’ve been looking for a swivel-kit that DOESN’T lower the screen the “~1.6 inches” or “3 cm” that most of the swivel kits do, but keeps the same OEN height while also allowing for swivel functionality. Does the Atlas joint accomplish this?

Thanks!

—Lex