Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Austin 4680 AWD (not LR) 279 mile range variant -Oddities and questions...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question: where did the blue data port connection go that used to be here?

View attachment 967147

On the 4680 MY AWD there's nothing in that same location...

View attachment 967148
From Abstract Ocean for one of their products:

Model Y Compatibility Note: The OBD port has moved in some Austin-built Model Y's. If you have a mid-range (LFP battery), Model Y, then you will need the new LFP harness which you can select from the accessories below. If you don't know which model you have, simply remove the panel at the back of your center console, if there's no blue OBD connector there, you will need the new LFP cable).

They say LFP, but they really mean 4680. So you need a different cable to connect in the right A pillar area. (They have a video showing it.)

• Helpful
Reactions: jebinc
...you need a different cable to connect in the right A pillar area. (They have a video showing it.)
Thanks!
So...any accessories that relied on connecting to the OBD/CAN data bus in the prior location aren't going to work. That's what happened to me today for this category of mini in-vent display:

In addition to getting rid of the old connector, I believe they also changed the type of connector in the passenger A pillar. I think the old connector was 26-pin and new connector is 20-pin....that means any accessories that relied on the prior connector type in the passenger A pillar may also not work unless the product vendor changes the connector, as Abstract Ocean is indicating for the S3XY buttons.

Here's one example of a display that relies on the old A pillar connector, but there are several products with bigger screens based on the old connector.

If anyone knows which displays are compatible with the Austin 2023 MY AWD 4680 pack, let me know!

Thanks!
So...any accessories that relied on connecting to the OBD/CAN data bus in the prior location aren't going to work. That's what happened to me today for this category of mini in-vent display:

In addition to getting rid of the old connector, I believe they also changed the type of connector in the passenger A pillar. I think the old connector was 26-pin and new connector is 20-pin....that means any accessories that relied on the prior connector type in the passenger A pillar may also not work unless the product vendor changes the connector, as Abstract Ocean is indicating for the S3XY buttons.

Here's one example of a display that relies on the old A pillar connector, but there are several products with bigger screens based on the old connector.

If anyone knows which displays are compatible with the Austin 2023 MY AWD 4680 pack, let me know!
Yes, I installed the @TSportline display in our Austin 4680! Also installed their display tilt hardware. They have several versions/sizes of both the display and display hardware!

We ordered one of these odd-balls for my wife on Saturday. I tried find some information about this variant (e.g., reviews, accessory compatibility, etc.) and I only found one YTer's series of videos (RyuMoto). These I started doing research on accessories and compatibility and see reports that some are not compatible with this odd-ball, such as the swivel screen hardware, and perhaps event the tsportline MXS series of cockpit displays (which the wife wants). Looking for insight and advice on all of this, and hence the creation of this thread....
The wiring on your version of the car is significantly different from those that came before it. This thread has photos of the wiring at the passenger A pillar (right side, passenger feet, by the door). I posted it hoping some forum experts will identify which connectors are used for which accessories. Here's the link:
FYI photos: passenger A pillar wiring for June/July 2023 Austin MY AWD 4680, hardware 4.0

Last edited:
Thanks! Which one? They have 3 displays on their site.
The wife wanted the Mini, in her MY - minimal airflow interface. We really like it; looks OEM and even has a @TSportline splash at startup!

Reactions: solo-act