Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Battery for 2021 MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got an interesting notification on my screen this past Friday about my Y not being able to charge and power had been reduced. It stopped my regen braking which was interesting driving it with 2 pedals (you can really feel the weight of the car). Anyhow I turned in a service ticket to Tesla and scheduled an appointment. They then sent me a message saying to bring the car in anytime before my appointment due to the HV battery needing a replacement. When the wife saw it she said they are probably needing to replace the 12V so I figured in and out with the service. Nope. As it turns out the HV battery is the main battery pack. Fortunately Tesla, when I turned in the ticket had already ordered one. The job takes a full day once they have the battery (sometimes weeks when they have to order one). When I got to the service center they were unloading one from a truck so hopefully it's mine and the car is returned this week. They did give me a pre-refreshed LRS for a loaner so that is nice but I really want mine back. The service writers at the Austin Pond Springs location were extremely nice and helpful. The MYP has 12k+ on the odometer. As you can see from my signature we own 2 so I'm not upset about it and don't have any less faith in Tesla or the car. At least it is getting a new one. If you ever get the notification on the screen don't hesitate to get in to service.

I have this exact problem when I charged my 2022 Model Y Dual motor @ 7k miles from 25%. It stopped at 57% on my app and when I went to the car, the screen had these same messages. I tried rebooting, waiting 24 hours, with no resolution. After contacting the SC, I was instructed to bring the car in. I noticed the charge went from 57% to 45% in the 3 days before I drove it to the SC. Fortunately, I had enough charge to drive the 100 miles but without regen. braking or cruise control. At least now, my brake pads and rotors are clean. Got to the SC with 19% and on my app, it has dropped to 11% while at the SC for 3 days. SC says I need a HV pack replacement and it will be 2 weeks.

Reactions: CaseyL