Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HV replaced and now coolante heater failed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, one morning a few weeks back I came to my 2018 tesla model S and I had a bunch of errors on my screen and car wouldn't start and died in just a few minutes.

I had a mobile technician come a couple of days later to change the 12v battery but he refused and said it was not the problem, so I took the car a few days later to a SC, and after a few days they told me the problem was my HV had taken water and they would replace it under warranty, up to this point all ok.

Just when the car was about to be ready for collection they message me saying they found the coolante heater had an isolation fault that they couldn't see before they replaced the battery and now needs to be changed and I need to pay £775 for that.

My question is is this not related with the HV fail? Before the HV fail they car was running perfectly with no errors and issues, is a big coincidence the coolante heater broken after the HV battery fail and shouldn't that be under the HV warranty as it lead to it breaking and can I argue that with the SC? Thanks for any reply

Hi, one morning a few weeks back I came to my 2018 tesla model S and I had a bunch of errors on my screen and car wouldn't start and died in just a few minutes.

I had a mobile technician come a couple of days later to change the 12v battery but he refused and said it was not the problem, so I took the car a few days later to a SC, and after a few days they told me the problem was my HV had taken water and they would replace it under warranty, up to this point all ok.

Just when the car was about to be ready for collection they message me saying they found the coolante heater had an isolation fault that they couldn't see before they replaced the battery and now needs to be changed and I need to pay £775 for that.

My question is is this not related with the HV fail? Before the HV fail they car was running perfectly with no errors and issues, is a big coincidence the coolante heater broken after the HV battery fail and shouldn't that be under the HV warranty as it lead to it breaking and can I argue that with the SC? Thanks for any reply
You are lucky that you got a free battery replacement because they didn't know the cause from the coolant heater.

If they knew that coolant heater was the cause then of course you have to pay that first then also the battery as well: The battery didn't fail because of bad battery but because of failure to maintain a good working condition of the coolant heater.

Upvote 0