Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Buyer, Advice Needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone!

I'm looking to buy my first Tesla and I've finally been able to come across the exact spec I was looking for. However, after emailing with the seller it has come to my attention that all 4 wheels have some scratches on them and there are a few scratches on the bumper (one of which is very noticable). The car is listed at $75k and I'm hoping for some suggestions on what I should offer him due to the damage. Her is a list of the car's specs:

2017 USED TESLA MODEL S 100D.
9300 Miles
ENHANCED AUTOPILOT
FULL SELF DRIVING
Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint
Glass Roof
21” Silver Turbine Wheels
Ultra White Interior
Ultra White Tesla Premium Seats
Dark Ash Wood Decor
Black Headliner
Supercharger Enabled
72 amp Charger Upgrade
Smart Air Suspension
Premium Interior Package
Premium Sound
Subzero Weather Package
FACTORY WARRANTY
CLEAN HISTORY
NO ACCIDENTS
NO SMOKE
LIKE NEW
Garaged kept – rarely driven. All upgrades.

Any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated!

Here are some photos of the damage. And one looks like it has some dents in it but I cant figure out what part of the car this is....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200201-115815_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200201-115815_Gallery.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot_20200201-115847_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200201-115847_Outlook.jpg
    611.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Screenshot_20200201-115906_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200201-115906_Gallery.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 64
The last pic is of the bottom section of a door. Have you seen the car in person and driven it?

Assuming the rest of the car is good I would offer a couple of grand less to fix the cosmetic damage.

The mileage is pretty low, but it's still expensive for a 3 year old car.

The last pic is of the bottom section of a door. Have you seen the car in person and driven it?

Assuming the rest of the car is good I would offer a couple of grand less to fix the cosmetic damage.

The mileage is pretty low, but it's still expensive for a 3 year old car.

He replied back that it is the rear door and that he has priced it to account for the damages...though I still offered him less. Good to know you agree as I did offer him a few thousand less..

He replied back that it is the rear door and that he has priced it to account for the damages...though I still offered him less. Good to know you agree as I did offer him a few thousand less..

And to address your question, no I haven't seen the car in person. He is located in CA and I'm in SW FL....so I'm going to have an additional $1I in travel expenses to boot.

I just realized you can get a brand new Model S for $80k. His price is stupid.

especially for the stupid amount of damage. I would NOT believe this is a "NO ACCIDENTS NO SMOKE LIKE NEW" car. This is a... I dont care where I park it and also a "lets play bumper cars while I try to get out of this spot" car.

You can tell when a car is meticulously cared for, this is not that.

Reactions: SilverGS