Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Car Pick Up Portugal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,
I picked up my Tesla 3AWD LR at the Lisbon pick up yesterday.
Quite busy 4 M3 s Two X100s and two S all being prepped and charged.
A very fast hand over after a polite and brief rundown on the cars main points.
It was very strange silently gliding out of the workshop onto the streets, driving the car is very different than being driven.
Carefully moving through rush hour traffic to the A8 north towards Porto I finally put my foot down and wow!
The feeling of linear acceleration with no shifts was amazing so smooth and contrary to a lot of what I read very quite.
About halfway home I notice on the screen the word Chill , realizing this was a chilled out driving mode I pulled over at a service station - not for gas, had an espresso , changed chill to standard and drove back onto the highway. This time putting my foot down felt like warp speed. Previous cars were a Carrera 4 and Twin Turbo Porsche and it felt faster than both of these cars, maybe the instant torque but what a blast!
I do not think I could ever go back to fossil driven vehicles.!!

I picked up my Tesla 3AWD LR
So you got the slow version of the Model 3. ;)

Previous cars were a Carrera 4 and Twin Turbo Porsche and it felt faster than both of these cars, maybe the instant torque but what a blast!
It is the instant torque that makes it feel so quick. I believe the Twin Turbo does 0 to 100kph in less than 3 seconds, correct?

I do not think I could ever go back to fossil driven vehicles.!!
You won’t. Fossil fuel is so last century. :D

It really is, and just last year I was living on Connecticut Avenue , MD
So you got the slow version of the Model 3. ;)

It is the instant torque that makes it feel so quick. I believe the Twin Turbo does 0 to 100kph in less than 3 seconds, correct?

You won’t. Fossil fuel is so last century. :D

hi davidada

- since it appears we both both have US purchased Teslas in teh DC area, Model S and 3 in my case too, I was wondering how the purchase at Tyson's (I aassume) compared to the Lisbon purchase. I am also planning to relocate to Portugal and I am trying to determine how the price compares to a comparable US model. Did you consider taking one from States? I have hear the pricing model (no hassle) is the same outside of the US. Was that your experience?