Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New install—error after utility meter swap—Site shutdown circuit triggered. All Powerwalls and Powerwall+ solar inverters are disabled.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I recently had two powerwalls installed, and everything was working fine until a few days ago when the utility company cut power to replace my meter.

Ever since then, my Powerwalls have been stuck at 21% charge and won’t charge/discharge, so all my solar power is just going to the grid. When I logged into the local interface, I noticed the following errors. I’ve tried all the reset procedures, flipping the switches, etc, but nothing seems to help.

Has anyone else had this happen? I have a service call scheduled for next week but just wanted to see what I could learn in the meantime. I’m confused, because nothing else has been touched, other than the utility meter.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 9C5DF71B-F63E-49B6-B955-BAC74BCC3A43.png
    9C5DF71B-F63E-49B6-B955-BAC74BCC3A43.png
    330.9 KB · Views: 199
  • 6F49FA7F-D244-4EE7-868C-115D9243BFD3.png
    6F49FA7F-D244-4EE7-868C-115D9243BFD3.png
    599.4 KB · Views: 126
Hi,

I recently had two powerwalls installed, and everything was working fine until a few days ago when the utility company cut power to replace my meter.

Ever since then, my Powerwalls have been stuck at 21% charge and won’t charge/discharge, so all my solar power is just going to the grid. When I logged into the local interface, I noticed the following errors. I’ve tried all the reset procedures, flipping the switches, etc, but nothing seems to help.

Has anyone else had this happen? I have a service call scheduled for next week but just wanted to see what I could learn in the meantime. I’m confused, because nothing else has been touched, other than the utility meter.

Thanks!
Do you have the Tesla Backup switch underneath the meter?

Hi,

Thanks!
Just ran into this myself after running fine for over a year. Same exact error. Waiting on tier2 to review. How did it get resolved? Thanks for any update.

My system shutdown a week ago for no apparent reasonwith this error message:
Site Shutdown circuit triggered by a Powerwall+ rapid shutdown. All Powerwalls and Powerwall+ solar inverters are disabled.(/system)
I am also waiting for tier 2 do do something, or anything.

My system shutdown a week ago for no apparent reasonwith this error message:
Site Shutdown circuit triggered by a Powerwall+ rapid shutdown. All Powerwalls and Powerwall+ solar inverters are disabled.(/system)
I am also waiting for tier 2 do do something, or anything.
This means that the emergency button or switch has been triggered and the system is waiting to be turned back on.

• Helpful
Reactions: BGbreeder
So that's an interesting question. How do you turn it back on after the emergency button has been pressed? (I don't have a RS on my system, so never encountered this).
With PW2 if the grid is present, just turn the RSD switch back to make the connection (closed circuit). If the grid is down then the Powerwall will need to be provided with a 12v jumpstart.