Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New kid on the block: 2020 - how to charge my phone - plug in, route the wires, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This new to me 2020 - so clean inside - center console - I see the forward most part opens from the back and up behind the display, revealing an inclined “platform” that would appear to hold a phone. Looking at the underside, it would appear to have been molded to accept a couple of charging cords for phones.

What cord(s) do folks use, how to route them for both driver and front passenger, and other considerations, please ?

Thank you.

This new to me 2020 - so clean inside - center console - I see the forward most part opens from the back and up behind the display, revealing an inclined “platform” that would appear to hold a phone. Looking at the underside, it would appear to have been molded to accept a couple of charging cords for phones.

What cord(s) do folks use, how to route them for both driver and front passenger, and other considerations, please ?

Thank you.
Most put a wireless charging pad like this on the platform. It looks cleaner and is what the newer Teslas have already built in to their center consoles.

Regardless of what you use, make sure to get the right USB type depending on what you have in your car (USB-C and USB-A, or TWO USB-A).

Reactions: Joesmoe3
Upvote 0

Thank you.
Get a USB Hub USB Hub for Tesla Model 3/Y With 5+ Usb Ports And Dashcam Storage (2017-2020)

1702613036316.png

Upvote 0
Thank you for responding. Looks like that pad is hit or miss, and a first (for me) notice by Amazon “This is a frequently returned item” . . . gives pause.
I personally use the one I linked, and have been for months. I will say that since I got the bigger MAX IPhone, I now have to charge my phone horizontally, but it does work.

Something more expensive like the Jeda Wireless charger did not work for me. I also bought the OEM Tesla charger that they made for 2020 and before Model 3's, and that also would not charge my phone because of the placement of the charging coils. Using a USB cable will be the fastest for sure though!

Reactions: Joesmoe3
Upvote 0