Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New member and new owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, just wanted to introduce myself. I’m a recovering Prius driver, and a new owner of a 2020 Model 3 Performance. Looking forward to all the fun that comes with ownership, and thankful for forums like these with a wealth of information to learn from and to share.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_5940.jpeg
    IMG_5940.jpeg
    445.6 KB · Views: 5
One day in, it’s been great. While total range might be a bit shy of 300mi, the daily 80%-20% charge range is ~160mi … I’m used to seeing almost 450 miles on a full tank in the Prius. Will take some mental adjusting to get used to the new numbers, but I know it’s not an issue for daily driving.
…I still keep wondering if I locked the car too lol.

Reactions: chinney
One day in, it’s been great. While total range might be a bit shy of 300mi, the daily 80%-20% charge range is ~160mi … I’m used to seeing almost 450 miles on a full tank in the Prius. Will take some mental adjusting to get used to the new numbers, but I know it’s not an issue for daily driving.
Welcome.
Get the Tessie app. You can monitor your car without waking it up.

If you are like us, you will worry less about range with a bit of experience. Even beyond daily driving, we road trip regularly and find that relying on the Tesla trip navigator allows for comfortable trips between brief Supercharger stops at about the same interval and for about the same duration that I would stop for a break anyway. Add to that that the convenience of home charging and on-the-road destination charging (which is available more often than you might think, and often free), getting around in the Tesla has been a piece of cake in my experience. Factor in also the great driving experience and there is a good chance that you, like me, will not miss your old ICE car one bit.

Reactions: LightWhitening