Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 owner Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome and good luck with your new ride. You will find MANY Youtubers that list "must have" accessories for their Model 3. My list was all season floor mats, I have purchased three different sets and my last set is my favorite bur I don't remember where I bought them (they are not max spyders) Center console tray, glass screen protector for the display, mud guards that don't go on the actual paint (I had to do a fair amount of researching to find them), PPF for the rear rocker panels and a mount that allows the display to tilt and swivel. Spend a few minutes on You Tube and you'll find everything you want.

Hi everyone I gonna be picking up my first Tesla this week, it’s a used Model 3 2020 with 41K miles. Anything I should know or get. Thanks excited to join
1. Have the under vehicle inspected for any potential, past impacts, want to make sure the bottom of the M3, which is low for efficiency, has never been impacted
2. Your battery and motor warranty are until 2028, therefore you have good piece of mind, EV batteries and motors are very reliable
3. Have the paint professionally inspected for past body work and front dings, EVs fronts are designed for moving air over and under, impacts can be good sized dings that a paint shop can fix, PPF on the front is an option, once the paint has been cleaned up, and if you want to keep long term
4. Check the tire and alignment checked, be prepared to become knowledgeable about EV tires as they are specifically designed, Hankook and Michelin are the best, keep the tire air to +40 psi for best efficiency
5. Dont get a roof rack for it and anything you attach has a big negative impact on range, see youtube videos
6. As temping as it is, try not to accelerate and drive fast for it impacts efficiency, range and tire wear, learn the energy app on the screen and attempt to keep your consumption close to the rating of the vehicle, M3 RWD is approx 255 wh/mile
7. Buy wiper blades directly from Tesla, they can last for years and they dont cost a premium

lots of protections you can get, just check this forum, i.e. front grill mesh blocks rocks and twigs from getting caught inside the vehicle underside and causing annoying noises
lots of accessories help make it even more enjoyable, just check this forum for our lists, youtube/google them

enjoy the M3, its one of the best vehicles ever owned, esp for the money, and welcome to the Tesla family, you made the best choice in EVs

Reactions: Falcon73
I went with the Tesla Parts Store floor mats, which I believe are the same as WeatherTech. I also bought the trunk and frunk liners from WeatherTech. All have held up for the last 5+ years.
also price the set from Lasfit as the quality is perfect when cost is a concern, coupon codes abound
Ive owned the mats purchased directly from Weathertech and prefer the Lasfit's
As for Tesla's version from Weathertech, YMWV, but def price compare

I don't like the one I have because the mat gets caught by the seat frame when I slide the seat forward. But it seems all of them are designed similarly.
I had to trim mine because the low front edge could not clear the mat.
I have the same problem with my mats. I solved it by cutting a black plastic file folder into a 4x6 strip that I taped to the mat underneath the seat. Now when the seat slides forward that very thin/slick black plastic acts as a ramp; the seat goes over it as that low part of the frame passes over the floor panel rib. Works great! If this doesn't make sense, respond here and I'll post a picture.

Reactions: Leafdriver333