Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model S LR Refresh drops WiFi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of a new 2022 LR Model S. Basically LOVE it. Yoke not an issue and in fact like it. Much more quiet, sturdy, and luxurious than previous 2019 LR. Only issue encountered thus far is that it drops the WiFi connection after about 20-30 minutes in the garage. Assuming it goes to sleep and drops the connection, but previoius cars didn't drop and current 2018 Model X that sits right next to it doesn't. Am not sure it causes any real problems, but is definitely different behavior. Model S is on 2021.44.6. Anyone else notice this?

The wifi connects and disconnects often. It was a very set pattern that I documented in a wifi strength thread. Others with Google access points have also watched and seen the pattern. The pattern has changed some over time, but the wifi wakes up and connects and then disconnects for some amount of time, then starts the cycle again.
That's not the behavior of my Model X (nor previous Model S). It stays connected virtually 100% of the time its parked in garage, next to new Model S. Perhaps new chip and/or firmware...might be a good thing and saves a few milliwatts.

Just took delivery of a new 2022 LR Model S. Basically LOVE it. Yoke not an issue and in fact like it. Much more quiet, sturdy, and luxurious than previous 2019 LR. Only issue encountered thus far is that it drops the WiFi connection after about 20-30 minutes in the garage. Assuming it goes to sleep and drops the connection, but previoius cars didn't drop and current 2018 Model X that sits right next to it doesn't. Am not sure it causes any real problems, but is definitely different behavior. Model S is on 2021.44.6. Anyone else notice this?
I haven’t noticed it but I don’t sit in the car in the garage much. I’ll pay attention and let you know if I see it on ours. Didn’t notice it on our 2019 LR either.

I haven’t noticed it but I don’t sit in the car in the garage much. I’ll pay attention and let you know if I see it on ours. Didn’t notice it on our 2019 LR either.
I’m looking at the connections on my access point to see how often it connects and disconnects. I have a UniFi access point in my garage, so I know it isn’t a signal strength issue.