Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model Y won't finish calibtrating cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I got my MY about a few weeks ago and I still can't use the autopilot because it hasn't finish calibrating the cameras. I already put in over 250 miles and it has been stuck at around 95-98% completion. This doesn't sound right so I take it in for service and the service advisor tells me this is common problem with the new model Y's and reschedule for service if it doesn't calibrate at 500 miles.
Anyone else having this problem when first trying to calibrate? Service advisor tells me this is common but I'm not sure if I believe him.

So I got my MY about a few weeks ago and I still can't use the autopilot because it hasn't finish calibrating the cameras. I already put in over 250 miles and it has been stuck at around 95-98% completion. This doesn't sound right so I take it in for service and the service advisor tells me this is common problem with the new model Y's and reschedule for service if it doesn't calibrate at 500 miles.
Anyone else having this problem when first trying to calibrate? Service advisor tells me this is common but I'm not sure if I believe him.

my cameras calibrated in a few hours of driving. Can’t speak for everyone else.

That sounds like the right amount of time for cameras to get calibrated. I wonder if something is wrong with my car. Do happen to know if the 95-98% completion mark took longer than the rest to complete?

yes I believe it did but still nothing like you’re experiencing. I would set up a service appointment in the app just so you have something on the books. I wouldn’t wait until 500 miles. You will likely be way past 500 miles by the time the appointment ones up. It may go away on its own or after the next software update. You can always cancel it via the app if it resolves itself.

yes I believe it did but still nothing like you’re experiencing. I would set up a service appointment in the app just so you have something on the books. I wouldn’t wait until 500 miles. You will likely be way past 500 miles by the time the appointment ones up. It may go away on its own or after the next software update. You can always cancel it via the app if it resolves itself.

Great advice! Thanks

Reactions: NJEV-Don
I had a friend that this happened to with their brand new M3 2 months ago. I told them the same thing- book an appointment but you know I'm a computer geek so just for giggles I said, do a hard reboot (cause it never hurts)... The reboot allowed it to finish within the next 30 mins of driving. Coincidence... maybe? but worth a try IMO. How to Reboot Your Tesla Model 3 - enrg.io

As any computer geek who has handled service calls in the past would say... never underestimate the power of a reboot.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
My car wouldn't complete calibration on delivery and I found out one of the repeater cameras was dead, so check them all. After I replaced the camera, I had to force a reboot and then initiate calibration again. After that, it's been working fine. Just plugging in the new camera wouldn't get it to fire up - a reboot was required, so if you have a loose connection and you secure it, it still needs the reboot.

The reason I (and not Tesla) replaced the camera was because they were not in stock and unavailable anywhere, so I bought one on eBay from a salvage car.

I had a friend that this happened to with their brand new M3 2 months ago. I told them the same thing- book an appointment but you know I'm a computer geek so just for giggles I said, do a hard reboot (cause it never hurts)... The reboot allowed it to finish within the next 30 mins of driving. Coincidence... maybe? but worth a try IMO. How to Reboot Your Tesla Model 3 - enrg.io

As any computer geek who has handled service calls in the past would say... never underestimate the power of a reboot.

so I booked a mobile service yesterday and got a call back from the advisor saying to wait until 500 miles to reschedule and then he canceled my appointment. I will try the hard reboot to see if that’ll work.

My car wouldn't complete calibration on delivery and I found out one of the repeater cameras was dead, so check them all. After I replaced the camera, I had to force a reboot and then initiate calibration again. After that, it's been working fine. Just plugging in the new camera wouldn't get it to fire up - a reboot was required, so if you have a loose connection and you secure it, it still needs the reboot.

The reason I (and not Tesla) replaced the camera was because they were not in stock and unavailable anywhere, so I bought one on eBay from a salvage car.

how do I find out if one of my cameras are dead? The cameras from the sentry mode seems to work fine but not sure if that is enough to know if everything is working properly.

Reactions: 73Bruin